Indianapolis? Eastgate/Arlington Heights?

by Ghosthunter 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• patio34
    patio34

Hi LineGuy,

So near yet so far . . . I lived north of Zionsville about 5 miles, hence went to the Lebanon KH. I don't think I knew anyone from the College Park KH.

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Hello, Waiting! I wasn't ALWAYS stuck up at Warren Central! Went to Arlington my first year of high school and was DEFINITELY the minority there! My mom and I moved between my freshman and sophomore year and I finished up at Warren.

I'm glad to see so many people from Indy posting here. I've been living in Western Michigan about 4 years now and miss the "big city"! Go Pacers!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Hey I grew up in Indpls I went to airport,downtown and mooresville cong's.I did not know there were so many people frome Indiana on this board.

• waiting
    waiting

Why, this is like a Hoosier Convention! Somebody want to roast some corn & bbq a pig? Got my vote! Btw, SC is big on bbq pig - so no slur intended.

I knew some people in the Mooresville cong. - she would be about 60 now. Becky Woodrum or Woodruft? Very nice woman. I studied with several women in that cong, and woe-to-me.....brought them into The UnTruth.

Btw........what's the weather like up there? My xhusband is near Brown County. I hope it's a blizzard down there. Just there, however, don't want to be too vindictive.

Good to see you join in, Patio!!!!!!!!

waiting

• Alana
    Alana

Wow....it's so much fun when you find people who knew people you did and/or attended congregations you did! I attended Irvington Congregation for a few years when I lived in Indy. I moved there in 1988 and left Indy about 1992. A sister I knew here in IL moved there and got me interested in a brother over that way and I decided to make a move. This friend ended up marrying one of Glen Kleine's sons - Nathan. I knew the Needhams, Sparks, Staleys...and my good friends were Kevin & Cathy McAtee (I still get mail once in a while from them, as they apparently don't know that I am now an evil, inactive one) and Carl Bredensteiner. I also knew the Spencer's, who I believe attended the Arlington Heights congregation. I also briefly attended the College Park congregation, but I didn't like the 'attitude' of the brothers up there on the NW side....they weren't as friendly as my friends on the good ol'East Side. After I moved out of state, I know that they changed all the congregations up and have since torn down the old Irvington/Arlington KH and rebuilt a new Kingdom Hall there, but I haven't been back in that area to even see it. Anyone still in that area??

• obiwan
    obiwan

Hey waiting, how long ago did you attend the mooresville cong? Did you know the Farley's or the Gross family?

• line6guy
    line6guy

Hey, Patio. I'm familiar with Lebanon. I helped build the KH there back in the 80s. Well, ok, I didn't actually work on the KH. I worked in the kitchen while it was being built.

Funny. My parents went to Lebanon Cong back in the late 40s, I believe. Where you at now? Town, that is. :-) Not cong! LOL

I see that you walked away in 2001. I did so in 1999. So, I guess I wasn't Y2K compliant! :-)

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Alana!

I remember going out in service with Nathan Kleine when he was about 8. He used to sit inbetween his parents with his face right IN the air conditioner......and would just sit there. They didn't have their huge house yet......just parents with 5 kids crammed into a little place with one bathroom. Nice family. Nathan was a cutie - and I was *almost* old enough to be his mother.

Small world.

waiting

• Barb
    Barb

Hello, I grew up in the Craigwood Unit....know many of these names mentioned..Klein's,,,Needham's etc. I still live in Indy...westside.

B

• Barb
    Barb

My husband knows some of the names mentioned at the Mooresville Hall....we have been away from the org for 15 yrs.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit