Indianapolis? Eastgate/Arlington Heights?

by Ghosthunter 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Anyone "lurking around" ever attend Indianapolis eastside congs (Eastgate, Arlington Heights, Irvington, etc.) about 20 - 25 years ago? I've been DF'd about 20 years and have never looked back. Would love to hear from you. Grew up in the truth and I'm 38 years old.
  • waiting
    waiting

Well, hey there Hoosier!

I'm originally from the Eastside of Indy.. I went to Our Lady of Lourdes & Scecina - so obviously, I converted to the JW's. Then I attended the Irvington Cong.

My sister attended the cong. around 52nd Avenue (uppidy side of town).

There are quite a few around Indpls area -----

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=24842&site=3

Go see!

waiting

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

OMG!!!!! All the memories!!! All the names!!!! Knew the Sparks, went to school with Steve (Warren Central). Knew the Needhams, the Hathaways, the Staleys and remember Glen Klein as well. What about the Deerberg/Meurer clan? Ron Deerberg just died recently (I still read the Indy obits even though I haven't lived there for 12 years). He was the head of the committee that DF'd me. I'll never forget how cold and unforgiving he was to me. He was the main reason I never went back. H.T. Taylor, Richard Meurer are the only other elders I can remember from that day. There were a couple of other "rogue kids" that left not soon after I did. Marty Perkins and his brother, and a kid named Terry.

Also attended Lawrence (the log cabin KH) when I was a kid. We lived in the 38th and Shadeland area.

Weird stuff! Glad to meet'cha!

• Bobo
    Bobo

Does anyone know what happened to Karen Duncan/Cathy Duncan of Indy/Zionsville Ind. ??

Thanks.

• waiting
    waiting

Well howdy Hoosier again!

So you knew little Stevie Sparks? I'm about 10 yrs older than him. The last I was there.....ol' Matt had about 3 kids - ended up with 5, didn't he? Prolific redhead, eh? I remember Steve sitting in on our study with Don & Florence - squirmed all the time. Cute though.

I remember when Steve broke his arm playing basketball - about the last time I saw him in a sling. They moved to the Eastgate cong. & didn't see them as much.

Glen Kleine studied with my husband & me also (but I couldn't get around Glen's constant laughing - irritated the hell out of me. I was easily irritated back then.) Delo was nice. In fact, Jan Needam studied with me too. Couldn't get over her squeeky voice - and I thought she was rather *unique* too. Actually, I studied with 5 different people - I was termed a "difficult study" for some reason.

I've heard the name "Deerburg" - but didn't know them. The Staileys were nice people. Brenda was unique, to put it mildly. She used to babysit for me - wildass youngun. But I liked her a lot.

38th & Shadeland area, eh? Out by Fort Benjamin Harrison Finance Center almost. I worked there straight out of HS, really dull work. I lived around Wash. & Arlington (southside of Wash) when growing up.

Warren Central? Awwwwwwwwwe, that was the uppidy area of the Eastside.

Hey Bobo,

I know someone who went to Zionsville Cong. What years are you talking about?

Nice to meetcha guys! (lapsing into Corn Country slang)

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 9 January 2003 19:3:19

• Bobo
    Bobo

Waiting:

It was the late 70's to about 1983.

Bobo

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Bobo,

I'll email the person this thread............see if they recognize anybody besides me.

• Makena1
    Makena1

The mention of Indianapolis caught my eye.

I briefly dated and exchanged a lot of letters with a young JW lady with the last name of Branscomb (sp?). If I recall, her father was an elder - at least in back in the late 70's.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Mak

curious class

• patio34
    patio34

I attended (gosh, I can't remember the name!) . . . oh yeah: Glendale Congregation (I think that was it). Then I lived in the Zionsville area in late 70s and early 80s, but attended the Lebanon Congregation. I didn't know anyone named Duncan though. Zionsville didn't have a KH.

• line6guy
    line6guy

Hi. I am from Anderson IN. I had relatives that went to Lawrence, and even went there myself. (The log cabin KH). I know some of the people you are talking about. Where you at now?

I also went to College Park for several years. That's where Zionsville folks would go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit