Lets Start An Urban Myth!

by Englishman 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Some great stuff indeed!

I think that, with a few refinements, the weight one would probably be the one most likely to be believed if it was presented in a believeable manner.

It could be worked into the baptism thing, a bit like not accepting smokers as candidates? A sort of general non-abusing of the body sort of thing such as: Does the candidate for baptism partake of foods or substances that dishonour the physical body (that is owned, BTW, by Jehovah)? Does his physical appearance indicate that he may be prone to gluttony?

Worded correctly, it could wreak havoc! Imagine: "Now then Sister Titwobbler, do you think that you would have been accepted for baptism under todays rules?

Heh heh.

Englishman.

• Sirona
    Sirona

That sounds good, Eman. At least it would stop a few baptisms too! No "big" person would put themself forward for fear of the humiliation of being told they must be a glutton.

It could be approached along the lines of food being an addiction for some, which goes against the counsel in the bible of not being enslaved to anything.

Sirona

• undercover
    undercover
    I like the coffee/tea one. Lump caffeine and nicotine together as druggery and spiritistic practice. That means cola products are out too. Oooohh! That would be a mean one. I know many dubs, especially pioneers, who would never make it without their coffee!

I remember years ago when this was actually a rumor in our circuit. I was a kid and I remember the adults talking about the "new light" about caffeine that was to be released at the upcoming circuit assembly. It was rumored that caffeine products(coffee, tea, sodas, etc.) would be on the black list along with tobacco. I remember this because I loved sodas and I didn't want to give them up. Of course it was just a rumor and it didn't happen, but it shows that people under this control will believe about anything if presented right.

• badboy
    badboy

U could do a lot worse than look at some of my posts,it might give U some ideas!

• YERU2
    YERU2
    How about all American men are hung like a horse?

Worse yet, European Horses are hung like American Men...

I still think my "Starbucks" issue is the best, the founder of the Raelions could even be an apostate. Buying Starbucks coffee goes to funding cloning and spreading religious literature for this cult.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Eman:

You remind us all that the thing has got to be believable to a witness, not merely funny to us around here....Good point

Shakita:

Wow, forgot about all the overweight Elders, Ministerial Servants, etc. Have to modify the "proposal".... [ROFL, re: elder snapshot....]

So, it could go like this: First: Starting in September 2003, Elders, Ministerial Servants, etc. would be given 12 months to get their weight in check. [The story could be that at the various Bethels around the world, private counsel has already been given to those needing to reduce their weight] By the end of the first 12 months any not making the grade (or at least substantial progress) would be removed. Next: Then a second 12 month period would begin, for the "rank and file". This way those "taking the lead" would have to shape up first, then the rest, as is typical of Watchtower policy changes...

And why not roll-in the coffee/tea thing, too. The story could be that the whole health thing has been revisited.....

---Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit