Did you throw your meeting clothes out?

by sleepy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Just been clearing some space in my house and deciding what to get rid of.I have a whole rack of "meeting clothes" shirts , suits ties etc that I have never worn since I left.I kept a few shirts and a couple of suits just in case I need them sometime.What a load of money those clothes most have cost me.One extra good reason for leaving, and think of all those dry cleaning bills you'll miss as well.Bad luck if you work in an office.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have found that keeping a few suits is useful (not the cheap ugly suits prescribed by elders). Sometimes I will attend a formal event; I also do consulting work and need to impress a client now and then.

• happyout
    happyout

I gave a lot of my "old fashioned" meeting clothes to charity. I kept the ones that were relatively stylish, since I work in an office. In my case, it was the shoes I had to dump. I didn't even want to give those ugly, low heeled granny looking shoes to charity, they were just UGLY!! But great for field service

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Are you kidding????? All those nice suits and dresses!!!! I'm keeping them. Like Elsewhere, I'll be ready when a formal event comes along.

• JH
    JH

They should make good rags to wax my car.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

A word of warning, clothes left hanging in the closet too long always shrink.

Edited by - shutterbug on 8 January 2003 13:15:7

• JH
    JH

Is that true Shutterbug

I was under the impression that they didn't fit anymore because I gained 8 pounds in 15 years.

Does every material shrink

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LOL @ Shutterbug

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

When I just became an "XJW Country Girl" I gave all my suits, dresses, everything, away to the charities! My husband was kind of upset since he likes women in dresses.. but I had to state for posterity: "Who is gonna see me in those dresses except for the horses, chickens and cats?" I consider it in bad taste to wear a dress to feed chickens. It's just not practical! I hope some nice JW sister got some advantage out of my $400 suits! I hardly consider it fitting for a girl to wear a dress when her water pipes break and she has to dig 18" of muddy dirt up to find a broken leak. It just wasn't practical anymore. So, if I *ever* go back to the meetings I'll just wear my overalls and hope they understand.

CG

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Yes....LOL. Even though there is a dress code at work, I still don't wear them. Frankly, I get almost panicky when I am wearing them. I HATED the meetings, and just putting on the clothes makes me irrational and angry. Seems like it doesn't make sense, it's just how I feel.

Suit jackets and ash=an evil combination.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit