The "Loving" Sisters

by YERU2 10 Replies latest jw friends

• YERU2
    YERU2

While in Illinois over the holidays we had our son Craig (who normally lives with his Dad). I dropped him off at the KH as my wife and I went to Mass. After Mass we went to pick up Craig, and as the WasteTower Study was not over yet we sat in for the last 15 minutes (GAG!). After the meeting some of my wife's former KH friends came over and talked to her. One in particular was a good friend of hers from years back so she gave her our phone number in South Carolina.

Now mind you, since my wife's nervous break down she's been subject to some REALLY HORRIBLE panic attacks. Just those few minutes at the hall caused her to have one. ANYHOW, jump into the future about a week. When we get back to SC there's a message on our answering machine NOT FROM THE GAL my wife gave the number to, but another acquantance. My wife promptly said she didn't want to talk to any of these people (she usually won't even talk to her biological sisters because of the stress it induces). Finally, ANOTHER acquantance from her old KH days calls all the way from alaska and leaves a message. Liza says she STILL doesn't want to talk to any of these people.

The gal from Alaska, Helen, calls again this past Monday. I answer the phone and tell her Liza isn't home (the truth). She calls again about an hour later and Liza is home. I've already told Liza about the first call and she's adamant about not talking. I inform Helen of Liza's decision. Helen knows of the Nervous Breakdown that occurred, so I tell her that Liza has opted not to talk to any former friends because of panic attacks. Helen immediately starts in on whether Liza is attending meetings. I said no. Helen then tells me that this would help Liza a lot. I tell her no, that it would actually make her situation worse, inducing Panic Attacks (I don't tell her that she doesn't have these same Panic Attacks when she goes to Mass with me...hmmmmm). Anyhow, I tell Helen she's free to send cards, but that Liza isn't up to talking to anyone.

Guess who called again on Tuesday, the B*TCH. Liza just happened to answer the phone thinking it was me (she usually doesn't answer the phone these days). Helen starts giving her the third degree, "what's wrong with you? Is Mike mistreating you? Is he forbidding you from attending meetings?" Liza told her she didn't want to talk about what happened, no, I wasn't mistreating her but instead was a Godsend (yea me!) and that I didn't restrict her from going to meetings, and that she just wasn't up to talking emotionally speaking...click. Then she has a pretty major panic attack. If I ever find the B*tch Helen's phone number I'm gonna call and give her a peace of my mind. How "loving" of this "sister" that hasn't been in touch for 10 years and doesn't know me to think I mistreat my wife and forbid her to attend meetings.

• Mary
    Mary

".....If I ever find the B*tch Helen's phone number I'm gonna call and give her a peace of my mind. How "loving" of this "sister" that hasn't been in touch for 10 years and doesn't know me to think I mistreat my wife and forbid her to attend meetings...."

How frigging typical! Do you have call display on your telephone? You should be able to see what her telephone number is. If not, you can find her on the internet's white pages: http://www.whitepages.com/

After you find her phone number, put a block-call on your phone so she can't phone back........

• ugg
    ugg

TYPICAL!!!!!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Yeppers,

We have caller ID, but she uses a prepaid calling system, so all I get is the systems computer. CRAP!

• larc
    larc

One thing we do to screen out unwanted calls is to always let the answering machine come on and we listen to to see who is leaving the message. This has saved us a lot of grief. In your case, a letter from your attorney should put a stop to this.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

No, thats wrong. I think he should somehow find her number, then call every hour asking if she is being mistreated, so as to explain her prying behaviour. Then call every day, so they can know how it feels! they are like mold, they start growing on you and wont let go, and somtimes they think they have all the answers. What gets me pissed, is that the "sister" has the balls, to ask his wife if she is being mistreated. He probably treats her better than any brother in any KH could ever dream to!

F*** em all!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Yeru,

What I find MOST unloving is not her insult to you as (unwarranted as it was) but, the fact that after you explained about you wifes panic attacks this woman still persisted to call! What did she think she was doing?? It was like she was purposely trying to push your wife over the edge!

If you can change your # and only give it to family and close friends.

I think its wonderful you allow Craig to attend KH when he is with you. Youre a good example on these children as opposed to their father who if he had his way wouldnt let Sean practice Catholicism.

You are a very patent and understanding man Yeru.

As always your family is in my prayers.

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

That worthless bitch. She must be a real treat to be friends with. Sounds like a class-act controller.

ash

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

If we get so much as one more call I will change the number, which is quite the pain in the ass. Thanks for all your support guys.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

don't you have access to military equipment? NUKE her for christs sake! :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit