UFO's

by Sirona 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

I personally know of 2 people who have seen Unidentified Flying Objects. Just recently I stumbled across this site http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.hurley/ which claims to show ancient paintings which have flying saucers in them.

What do you think? Are these paintings genuine? If so, could they be showing something else other than the traditional flying saucer?

What do you think UFO's usually are? Personally, I wonder if more recent sightings have been new aircraft just being developed by the governments. Then again, if these ancient paintings are to be believed, UFO's have always been around....

Sirona

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Interestingly, a lot of reported sightings and descriptions of UFOs are certainly open to wide debate. Many mark them down as manmade experiments and natural phenomena.

One observation about the descriptions of these objects over the last 100 years, has been how they seem to relate to the technology of the time period that they exist within. Over a period of time the shapes and descriptions became more streamlined and "hi-tech". Where as the original saucers from the 40s onwards, looked like Grandma's saucepan on a string. With the introduction of packages like Photoshop and CGI software it is possible to hoax to a far greater degree and this has been the case since the late 70s onwards.

Whilst I do not rule out completely the existence and indeed intervention by "alien" beings, I believe it highly improbable that they would have a lasting interest in this decaying nest that we inhabit.

IMO

• Seven
    Seven

I saw something five years ago in broad daylight that I believe could possibly be a new and more sophisticated version of the Stealth Bomber. Others throughout the region reported the sighting while I chose not to. I sketched it and filed it away until the time when it's finally introduced. Then I can say I remember when... I could be mistaken but I do think we may possibly have the ability(or are experimenting with) to cloak. Okay, go ahead and laugh. This big honkin' futuristic aircraft appears out of nowhere and remains visible for a few minutes then disappears. Hmmm.

seven

Edited by - sevenofnine on 8 January 2003 9:26:28

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Seven,

Have you heard of Aurora? This according to the conspiracy theorists is the new secret plane that is currently in the air.

Remember that the Stealth fighter was flying for 9 years before it was made public, so you may be right.

Stan

• Shakita
    Shakita

Here are some detailed reports of UFO's seen, very interesting...

http://www.nuforc.org/index.html

Mrs. Shakita(who is keeping an open mind on the little green people)

• Mary
    Mary

I believe our ancestors were visited by aliens........there's too many strange objects, artifacts and texts which all describe "gods" coming down from heaven in some sort of craft, visiting humans. Hell, even read the first chapter of Ezekiel chapter 1 and it sounds like he witnessed a UFO landing.

You wanna see something really freaky? This link shows some pictures on the walls that were done thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt. Egyptologists today totally dismiss it saying that these pictures have been touched up or re-done, but I think it's far too much of a coincidence to have ALL these pictures together on one frigging wall.......check it out:

http://www.veling.nl/anne/templars/ancientaircraft_nf.html

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Stan, Some interesting reading on the subject can be found here: http://aurorapage.tripod.com http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/aurora.html

Thanks for your reply.

seven

• SYN
    SYN

There is a hell of a lot of disturbing imagery present, esp. in ancient South American artwork, such as that done by the Incas. Exactly what they were depicting is of course a mystery. Personally, I like the theory that mankind has already been through a period of ultra-advanced technology, which ended with a bang (literally), and now we're the remnants of that once great society, slowly pulling ourselves out of the pan again.

Another school of thought holds that this has happened repeatedly during human history, and each time we screw our world up so badly that we don't remember it. How much information about our society in general would be carried through a very large scale nuclear war, the sort that our world is perpetually on the brink of? Not very much. A few stories, perhaps, carried by our mutated children.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mary,

very interesting stuff there, in particular...

The ancient Mahabharata, one of the sources on Vimanas, goes on to tell the awesome destructiveness of the war: "...(the weapon was) a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendour... An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.... the corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white.... after a few hours all foodstuffs were infected.... to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment..." It would seem that the Mahabharata is describing an atomic war! References like this one are not isolated; but battles, using a fantastic array of weapons and aerial vehicles are common in all the epic Indian books. One even describes a Vimana-Vailix battle on the Moon! The above section very accurately describes what an atomic explosion would look like and the effects of the radioactivity on the population. Jumping into water is the only respite.

When the Rishi City of Mohenjodaro was excavated by archaeologists in the last century, they found skeletons just lying in the streets, some of them holding hands, as if some great doom had suddenly overtaken them. These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on a par with those found at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ancient cities whose brick and stonewalls have literally been vitrified, that is-fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast.

If I read information at this site correctly, the "nine special men" who came and gave the powers to achieve the devastation mentioned above, were just as blood thirsty as earthlings! There goes Steven Spielberg's version of a friendly "ET"!!! Seems like "Signs" would be more like it!

Very interesting. It just goes to show you that there are too many unanswered questions out there.

Mrs. Shakita

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    What do you think? Are these paintings genuine? If so, could they be showing something else other than the traditional flying saucer?

Most can be easily dismissed as hats, comets or religious figures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit