Hypothetical Question on Adultery

by yrs2long 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Hmmm,

Of course I am!

Utopian_Raindrops,

Now that I've had a chance to really read your post, let me tell you that I really enjoyed the humour! A hearty welcome to you and let me assure you that, in my life at present, I am definitely making love to Fernando the Matador!

Sounds like you have been to hell and back and I can definitely relate, even to the mother expression. At one time my ex-husband did confess to adultery although he offered no details but then he later recanted his story to the elders and, newly baptized person that I was, I didn't know I could simply write a letter and be free from the abusive marriage. I once did some research on abuse in marriage but when I presented it to the elders they counseled sisters from the platform to refrain from doing research through the old bound volumes looking for loopholes to get out of their marriages. I am flabbergasted to learn I could have been free years earlier than it took. On the other hand, everything has worked out even better than it might have if I had divorced at that time. I might have married another dub and remained imprisoned instead of just dating a devilishly wicked apostate matador.

I was trying to subtly demonstrate to the jw the unreasonableness of some of the organization's rules, notably the 2 witnesses rule. It didn't help that neither of us has been doing our reading. I, however, have an excuse: it's been almost 10 years since I've attended and I have no idea of their present light on a variety of subjects.

P.S Are you still waiting on the new system?

Minimus,

I'd bet the elders would interrogate the innocent sister more so than the guilty brother.

Farkel,

Like Utopian_Raindrops, I think the society punishes the reporters in an effort to protect some big guns deep within Brooklyn itself.

Gizmo,

In the Elders eyes maybe not, but who cares what they think, you don't worry about them you worry what God thinks!

That's a sentiment the society espouses in theory but not in practice.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Edited by - gizmo on 9 January 2003 7:1:5

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Cat got your tongue giz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit