My 89-year old grandpa now attending meetings

by YellowLab 16 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    You know very well that JWs are not after peoples money, but to teach them how to know Jehovah better and have a chance at salvation.

Oh that is rich! So Sword, if it's not about the $$, answer me this (although I know you will not) - Why the multi page brochure that 'explains' the many wonderful ways you can give every dime you own to the WTBTS? Why the oh so predictable announcment every Sunday morning at an assembly about how pitifully short in cash they are, and couldn't we show our 'appretiation' of the wonderful spiritual food by donating to 'cover costs'? Why the oh so predictable yearly articles in the WT or AsleepAwake mags about 'giving your valuable things to Jah' that once again outlines the many ways you can donate to the WTBTS? I won't get into the 'resolutions' passed at KH to cover the CO's 'expsenses', to donate to various WTBTS 'funds' etc.

Toward the end of my JWhood I was hearing pleads for $$$$ at EVERY meeting. All the while out the other side of their mouth they were jerking themselves off about how they didn't 'pass a collection plate or force donations'. What a joke.

This scam of taking people's estates at death has to one of the MOST distastful things in this very distastful religioncult.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Do you people live in LALA land? Of course JWs take-in donations, it's expensive now days to publish the amount of literature they do in so many languages for the purpose of educating people in God's way. The reminders during assemblys is to cover the cost of that assembly not to send in loads of cash. Take people's estates is not a scam, hon, it's what many JWs desire. The information in the brochure is available only if publishers ask for it, that's why you can't order it through the literature desk, or did you not know that? The only way to get the brochure is if you ask the elders for it. Think before repeating the same apostate dribble about money and scams.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    Think before repeating the same apostate dribble about money and scams.

We did think....we observed...we spoke out about it.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Flaccid Sword of Jah,

The Watchtower Society IS very focused on making money. Why do you think they keep pumping out a plethora of *old* propaganda in the form of supposedly "new" books? Why do they have two magazines? Why is that kitty litter liner "Awake" even published? More than one person at Bethel has told me the reasons for the videos and CD-ROMs were to raise cash. It's all about perpetuating your spiritually dead organization's church. You're loyal, but you're not in the know by any means. But I guess you're comfortable in JW LA LA Land. Well, maybe not that comfortable. You are lurking here.

Edited by - megadude on 8 January 2003 15:46:7

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

One more thing, Sword of Confused JW Who Lurks on Ex-JW Boards,

The whole preaching work is a money raising scam. There are much more effective and productive ways to get the message out than going from door to door selling magazines. I have to admit there aren't much cheaper ways, but the Watchtower is always happy to work the rank and file JW (that's you, bub) to death to save a few bucks. The preaching work exists to FINANCE the Watchtower publishing company. If they had to exist on donations, they would have financial problems very quickly.

• freeman
    freeman

SwordOfJah,

You call me a fool or wicked because I state facts.

FACT: As of this date- More then five thousand JW sexual abuse victims spanning 3 continents have come forward .

So how many victims within the ranks of the Catholic Church have come forward, a few hundred perhaps?

My GOD Have you seen the DATELINE, and BBC PANORAMA programs?

They are available on this site as streaming data.

Watch them, and then tell me all about the virtues of your Watchtower!

Freeman

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Drivel. DriVEL. DRIVEL! Dribble is something you do to a basketball.

Honestly, Sword. I'm not sure it would help toward increasing your credibility, but it might just decrease the number of people who think you're a complete moron. It's difficult to take someone who repeatedly makes the same error-even after they've been corrected-seriously.

A quick look in the mirror might reveal who the real parrot is around here. Conventional wisdom states that we should "beware of the man who has read only one book". I would be willing to entertain your ideas if you would just step outside of your programming long enough to explore information from a source other than the very one that constantly reminds you that all other information is evil. If you can do that with a semblance of an open mind, and are then still of the opinion that everything you are parrotting is true, you might gain an audience.

*leaves 2 pennies on the table and walks out*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit