Levis

by Marcos 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Been in a few of those honky tonks myself. The funny thing to me is, though, that the women are to be feared more than the men! All they have to do is bat their eyes, and twenty big Texans are theirs for the command. <giggle> Wrangler butts are nice, but Levi butts are to be adored!

Country Girl

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I never heard about a Levi ban at Bethel. When I went on a tour at 14 and then as a volunteer for a week at 16 almost everyone was wearing jeans and I'm sure a good percentage were Levis.

I couldn't make it under a Levi ban that's for sure. I wear them year-round. 501's in the winter and Levis shorts in the summer.

Mike.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Marlon Brando Movie The Wild One ----wore levis

James Dean Movie Rebel without a Cause--- wore levis

Maybe Nathan Knorr saw these Movies and banned Levis.Notice the movie titles,we can't have no wild ones and rebels without a cause wearing levis at Bethel. Who knows?Add it to the long list of no no's. Blueblades

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Hey, Levi's were the common "uniform" while I was growing up in Florida - but a no-no at Bethel, except during the weekends and after work during the weekdays. And even then, you would receive stern looks from any old-timers if you walked any of the main residence lobbies with Levi's on! LOL!

Also, you had to be careful of what you wore while engaging in any sports activities within Bethel. I will never forget, during my first month at the Factory, a bunch of us were in the habit of playing a game of softball once a week during our lunch break. We'd change into shorts or sweats for this. Well, one Wednesday, about 10 of us are scrambling down the stairs of Factory Building #2, out to play a game. I was wearing some shorts, and, well - I'm a big guy, with some serious calves and thighs. I'm running down the stairs, and one of the Factory Barbers (an elder named "Rick" - can't remember his last name), spots my tree-trunk legs and admonishes me with "Those shorts are kinda tight, doncha think?" To which I gleefully responded, "Nope. I just have really big legs!", and went merrily on my way. I felt that was a just retort - since he had chosen to "counsel" me in front of everyone!

Edited by - Michael3000 on 9 January 2003 17:9:41

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Michael...wish I could think of quick comebacks like that...

I'm 5'8 and for a girl that tall "a few years ago"..I was constantly asked "How is the weather up there.?"...called "Long legs"..."Amazon Queen."..

Of course now I can think of all sorts of comebacks..but I don't need them now...a lot of girls are tall now!

Snoozy........Born too soon.....Now I would have been in style!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit