Levis

by Marcos 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Marcos
    Marcos

Not priests!

I posted earlier today about colored shirts. You all got me to thinkin.

When I was in the US, we always wore levis to school. That was the way a "man" dressed west of the Appalachians. Went to school in Bangore, Maine once (and in Buffalo, NY as well as someother east coast cities). They made my folks buy slacks!

Well, in Bethel (1968 - 1972) came the ruling from Uncle Nathan that, henceforth, we were not to wear levis. Why? Because only homosexuals wore levis! Well I was shocked to learn of my true orientation! Big . I, and a lot of other guys from "out west" continued to wear them. Still do. A size larger, but, oh, forget it.

In Texas, levis and a dress jacket was high style for guys my age. Any comments?

Marcos

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

No comment on the bethel situation, the stupidity is plain to see.

I did once question whether or not you can trust a person who throws out a pair of levis just because of a few holes. Who knows how quick they'd be to toss you aside as well?

• Marcos
    Marcos

Levis ain't Levis without some holes.

New levis are of such limited value...

Marcos

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Met my thunderrider he was in a pair of tight 501's LOL He still loves 501's and still looks hot in them. I'm sure the elders hated them since they were into their own polyester wardrobeLOL

• freedom96
    freedom96

I never did hear about a ban on levi's. Sure as hell never heard about those that wear them being gay. Oh, my, the things they will come up with. Still like hearing about these crazy ideas they had back then.

Edited by - freedom96 on 7 January 2003 21:50:27

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Back in the 50's..

We wore guys levi's . (It was the in thing)

We would buy them so tight we could barely zip ( or button ) them up!. Then we would fill the tub and lay in it to get them wet! Then we would let them dry on our bodies!..That way we got a perfect fit! And they stayed that shape.

Then we would get a long white shirt from our Dad's closet and roll the sleeves up! And of course the collar had to be up too!..Cool!

Then we would get a pair of "Bobby socks" and cut the tops off..then we would put them on the socks we were wearing to make the tops real fat! Later we got fancy dog collars and put them around the top ot the sock..Each side meant a different thing. Like right side meant you were single and left side meant you were going steady!

Gotta love those fads!

When I was older..I worked at a Levi store. I could get them for cost. That was half price.

The Chinese people would buy them at $14.99 and ship them to their county and black market them for $100.00 or more!..They are some smart business people!

Snoozy.....( Who now buys "Levi's for women"..)

Edited by - Golden Girl on 7 January 2003 23:48:26

• COMF
    COMF

It would have been interesting to have Uncle Nate come to a Texas honkytonk on a Saturday night and announce that only homosexuals wear Levis.

• heathen
    heathen

That is too funny. homos in levies lol . Here in texas I always thought the manly thing was wragler any way.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Golden Girl....love that story!! Dog collars??? How funny!! and laying in the tub..never heard that one.

I love a man that can fill out a pair of Levis...mmmmmm. Far from gay looking!!

In my schools you were'nt cool if you did'nt wear Levis!

Comf...good one!!

Edited by - rubytuesday on 8 January 2003 8:52:53

• mike047
    mike047

Captain; Having been in a great many West Texas honkytonks, I fell out of my chair when I read your comment!!

Many of these places were definitely not for the FAINT hearted, Let alone for someone to make a comment like that.

mike[of the last time I was in a West Texas honkytonk, I got shot class]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit