HELP!! SHE IS TRYING TO GET TO MY SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Jesika 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

I just got off the phone with my x-hubby. His mother is sueing us for visitation of our son!!!!!!!!!!

Let me explain why we don't let her see him......................................

She is just as bad if not worse than a JW. She is the biggest hypocrite I have ever had the chance to meet. She has thrown ALL of her kids out on the street-----with their own children!!!!

She tells us she will help us out, but when we would do something she didn't like, we ALL got the boot, this happened when my son was a baby, and again with my x when my son was 3 or 4.

Then it was done to me when I had my son and he was 6 or 7.

She did this to her daughter who had a 1 or 2 yr old also.

Everything we do is from the devil-----music, friends, movies, tv programs, language, friends, I could go on all day!!!!!!!!!!

She has turned my son against me and my x on MANY occassions!!!!!!!! She encourages him to keep secrets from his parents and fills his head with untruths about me and my x. She programs him to only trust her and that he can only rely on her and she is the only one that truely LOVES him!!!!!!!!

So, after many attempts to monitor her conversations with him (supervised visitation), she has called my son on the phone on 3 way with another one of her daughters so she can talk to him and tell him what she wants to!!!!!!!!!(my son told us about the calls)

She has filed suit against us (we invited her to his birthday party this past Sunday---she thought we got the letter and that is why she was invited cause we were scared!!!!! If we would have known, she would not have been there!!!!!!!!!!!)

She wants a weekend out of EVERY MONTH (which is MY time with him) to have him stay with her!! We will be going to court on the 22nd, since my divorce hasn't been final, I thought it was untill a couple yrs ago, we will be getting our divorced finalized (which is fine as saving me from the trouble of doing it ourselves), but we will also be going to fight against her about the visitation!

WE ONLY HAVE 2WKS to prepare!!! I am unemployed and my x has limited $ so a lawyer is FAR fetched!!!!!!!!!!

CAN SHE DO THIS?????????????????????????????????????????????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH AND SHAKING!!!!!!!!!!

This is the equal of giving my son to my JW family for a weekend every month, only it is kinda worse!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Look the "community services" section of your phone book. In my area they are in the front of the book. Try to find a legal aid society, or children's welfare group. They should be able to help you, at least it's worth checking out.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Jesika,

Write to Duane at http://www.witnessinc.com/ his email addy is [email protected]. He has legal books he can help get to you, one of them is a copy of the child custody case that Bethal gives out to their members that you can show to the judge that your mother could use theocratic warfare on the judge so the judge can be aware that your mother may attempt to lie to the judge, thus lowering her credibility. If you can get a hold of a copy of the JW book that talks about Theocratic Warfare, highlight that passage and show it to the judge as well.

Duane has dealt with issues like this before with many people and he knows what cases like this is like. He's also an ex-jw as well.

Contact him and ask for advice, he'll be glad to give them to you. He has dealt with visitation rights cases as well as child custody cases.

Yizuman

• lulu
    lulu

What social services payment are there? When I ran away from my ex takiong my son with me I got a job as companian to an lady hotelier, room included. Any chance of doing something similar.Can you afford a rented caravan or something inter-state? Hitch hike if necessary.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

hey girl! I'm going through a similar situation with my nephew. (he's 5) In fact I was just in court today. If she is the one that is sueing for visitation, she will have to pay the court costs. Many times, if a resolution can't be made initially, the court will appoint the child their own attorney. You don't have to pay anything. I'm not sure about Texas law, but in many states they do have Grandparents rights, and by law do have visitation rights.

Any reasons you have to believe that it would not be productive for him to be around her, you should write down in a statement to submit to the court. Times that she has been manipulative or made derogatory statements about you and his father, write them down. State only facts, and try to keep emotion and personal opinions out of it as much as possible.

I don't know any specifics about your situation, but I believe grandparents should have the right to see their grandchildren and vice versa. It seems your son is getting to an age where he should be able to speak up for himself to his grandmother.

Good luck to you though, and especially to your son. It's rough when these things happen to children at such an early age. Please keep us posted. Also my email is open if you want any info regarding my nephew's case that I am working on right now.

*muah*

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

P.S. Is your son's father in agreement?

• Jesika
    Jesika

Yes my x is in agreement against her and my mom will testify as well!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stop shaking.

We only recently cut off visitation to her, since she wouldn't comply with our wishes to stop the programming.

My ex was literally on his knees begging her to stop what she was doing cause it would hurt our son not being able to see her. She is a munipulater and has done so with my son, he loves her so much and I have no prob with that, it is only what she tells him and feeds him that is the prob.

She plays the "victim" card VERY WELL!!!!!!!!

Chev---If I email you my # can you call me??

Jesika

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Sure, I can give you a call in about an hour

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

In these situations there's no need for a formal testimony. Have your mother write a statement as well for the reasons she believes she shouldn't see them. Don't worry about her attacking your character as it is only a visitation issue, not custody.

The problem is, unless there is proof of gross character flaws, illegal activities, abuse either sexual or physical, or mental problems, then she does still have a visitation right. Homeless alcoholics still have visitation rights. The tricky thing is getting the court ordered appropriate type of visitation.

If you write statements, and get a court appointed attorney, then everything should go reasonaby smooth. I doubt there will be any mediation needed, seeing as how custody and gaurdianship is not in question. But bear in mind, it does seem likely that the court would grant her visitation. You may just need to come up with a better compromise

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

FREE OR REDUCED FEE FAMILY LAW ADVICE.

LEGALINE
    - sponsored by the Dallas Bar Association on the second and third Wednesdays of each month from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Lawyers are available at (214) 220-7476 to answer legal questions. Sometimes they even specialize in the areas to be covered; check athttp://www.dallasbar.com/

Dallas Bar Lawyer Referral Service - (214) 979-9090. This service of the Dallas Bar Association makes referrals to attorneys on a family law case on a reduced fee basis for the initial consultation. The initial half-hour consultation costs $20.

Legal Services of North Texas - (214) 748-1234 Provides free legal services to low-income persons in a variety of fields, principally public entitlements, residential tenancies, consumer and employment matters and family law. Also conducts evening clinics for low-income applicants.

OTHER FAMILY LAW RESOURCES:
    The Family Place (214) 941-1991. Counseling and shelter for battered women and their children. The 24-hour hotline provides advice on family violence. There are 2 counseling centers: 1) North Dallas, (972) 234-4743, counsels men and women, and 2) Oak Lawn, (214) 559-4880, counsels women and children.

Dispute Mediation Services of Dallas (214) 754-0022. Mediates a wide variety of disputes in non-criminal matters, including those involving residential tenancies and domestic relations. Also will mediate family law cases where combined family income is less than $50,000 and the combined liquid assets of the family are less than $50,000. The cost for this service is either pro bono or very low cost. Must have a Court Order to conduct the mediation in a family law case.

Women's Advocacy Project 1-800-777-FAIR. Maintains a statewide, toll-free hotline for women with legal problems relating to family violence or abuse.

Women's Resource Center of the YWCA (214) 821-9595. Conducts bi-monthly evening clinics providing consultation services for persons with non-criminal legal problems involving family law, bankruptcy, etc.

Child Guidance Clinic (214) 351-3490, ext 3432. Provides a variety of services including psychological testing, case management, individual, family and play therapy, and Dallas OK (Our Kids), a divorce education program for parents and children. Services are provided by an interdisciplinary professional staff of professionals from a variety of related disciplines. Services are provided at six locations throughout Dallas, Collin and Rockwall counties.

For Kid's Sake (214) 526-4525. Focuses on issues such as understanding the effects of divorce on children, gaining insight into children's perceptions of divorce, talking to children about family changes, how to avoid placing children in the middle of parental issues, and maintaining a meaningful and loving relationship with children.

Families First Seminar - EXCAP(Exchange Club Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse of D.W.S., Inc.) (214) 644-2098. Four-hour educational course focusing on divorce and its impact on children. Concurrent four-hour sessions available for children of parents attending the program.
    Families First - Channel 8 has published a 48-page handbook with phone numbers and information about 510 non-profit organizations which provide services to people in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit