Not all Pedophiles are Men

by Mary 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Please Mary, report this!

• YERU2
    YERU2

Big Tex,

My reference to 15 year olds was talking about the victims not the perps. If the victim of abuse is a teenager, the perp is not a pedophile in the stictest sense of the word. There's another term for those sex perverts that attack teens (can't recall it now). However, if the perp is a teen attacking a 4 year old, he/she is indeed a pedophile.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

A 15 year old IS a child.

pedophile ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p
    n.

An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children
  • Mary
    Mary

Thank you all for your comments and support. As for reporting this, the father of these boys has already reported it. But from what we understand, seeing as the abuser was "only 15 years old", he won't go to prison for this (I live in Cana-DUH where we have stupid rules like this regarding "young offenders"), but it'll "go on his record."

I blame the boys' mother and grandmother the most because they both knew what was going on and they didn't do a f#cking thing to stop it. The grandmother is the most dispicable person I know and I'm truly afraid of what she's going to do to these kids now that they told their father.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ruby,

Not to belabor this point, but a 15 year old is not a child, but an adolescent. There's a different term OTHER than pedophile for those who abuse adolescents. I must have misread the post. My original impression was the victim, not the perp, was 15.

• Mary
    Mary

Sorry if I wasn't clear: the 15 year old is the abuser, not the victim.........

• avishai
    avishai

Can mom and Gramma be turned in as accessories to the crime?

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Mary,

I am sooooo sorry about the anger and frustration you're feeling. Triple it - and you can tap into the parents' feelings, along with so much pain. Such a terrible thing.

You speak of the grandmother as an abuser herself and also her daughter (the mother) knowing of the abuse her son was committing. That would be generational family abuse - and such a tough thing. Decades. And who knows why the grandmother is an abuser in your opinion? Perhaps a great grandparent?

The boy might have benefited from jail - but I doubt it. Chances are, he was abused himself, as you posted earlier the possibility. This is so much of the problem - what to do to prevent further hurt, but to somehow reach the abuser to stop the abuse. He's also a victim, but now he's turned molester, but he's still a victim.

I certainly have no answers. My younger brother was terribly abused by my father, and he also turned abuser. But he was also terribly hurt - I remember. No excuses - just seeing what a complicated situation it is.

Take care.

waiting

• Mary
    Mary

"....Can mom and Gramma be turned in as accessories to the crime?...."

I certainly hope so. If it can be determined that this abuse went on for four years, and that "Bert" himself was more than likely sexually abused by his own mother, then I hope to see both mother and daughter have their sorry asses flung into jail. Not only are they pathetic for ignoring the situation, but grandma dear is an evil, twisted, pathological liar, pig dog from HELL who deserves to be taken out and shot.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yeru

My reference to 15 year olds was talking about the victims not the perps
    Sorry man, I didn't appreciate where you were coming from. Really the age of the victim is semantics, so I don't think there is any need to argue over whether an adolescent is a child. Victim is victim; that's all that matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit