Meetings

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

The "Easy Reader Version" for the deaf says we should not forget to get together to help each other and encourage one another. I think this was demonstrated even on a larger scale when people of all walks of life came together after 911, in the human spirit of caring for our fellow man.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The words written by or attributed to Paul here start out so negative. LET US NOT.......

How do you perform a "NOT"? It's like a controlling parent telling their child.. do NOT do this, do NOT do that... and do NOT go there either... The frustrated child is left wondering , well what CAN I do?

The positive part of the scripture about "encouraging one another" fits well within any healthy community spirit, whether they're trying to be Christian or just hold a common cause.

And I think for us who no longer belong to a religion that is so full of "THOU SHALT NOT" teachings, the part about ENCOURAGING each other -- when 2 or more of us gather on this board, or 2 or more get together in person (or even in apostofests which are a bit larger), we encourage each other to continue to pursue a reasonable, productive post-Witness life. This is very important, because the WTS teaches us that once we leave their grasp, we become hopeless, worthless nincompoops. (The pot calling the kettle black.)

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

C'mon, people - this is an obvious reference to attending your local APOSTOFEST!!!

• acsot
    acsot

It means inviting me to your American Thanksgiving feasts and snack time and I will be very encouraged. And encouraging: "Wow, this is delicious. Can I have seconds? I can't believe you made this from scratch! Can I come back next year?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit