What do you do...?

by Brummie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think my JW co-worker is trying to shun me after the warm telephone conversation we had a couple of weeks ago, but I'm just cheerfully talking to her like there's nothing wrong. It's hard to tell if it's making her uncomfortable or not, because she never was the warmest person on the planet, but it makes me feel good to do it. The other JW who works here merely smiles at me and moves on, which is actually a relief because she used to come by my desk and make inane conversation. Don't miss that at all!

Nina

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I smile and say hi. Nothing drives JWs crazier than seeing a happy "apostate." lol

• yumbby
    yumbby

I work in a restaurant in a fairly small town, so I'm constantly running across witnesses, I'm not officially d'f or dissassociated, but I have a feeling that my sister has let everyone know of my feelings on the matter, I just wait on them like normal and don't encourage to much conversation, act friendly and happy, then go in the kitchen and have a nervous breakdown. I'd never ever let them see me nervous because of them!

• Xena
    Xena

I just talk to them like normal.....saw an elder the other day at Starbucks...he didn't recognize me at first (I have changed a lot) but then we just chatted for a few till my coffee was done..

I refuse to shun anyone...leave the ball in their court...

edited to add that Mega is spot on...nothing bugs them more than seeing we are happy and well adjusted...

The best revenge is living well!

Edited by - Xena on 7 January 2003 10:40:10

• Vee
    Vee

Hi there Cruzanheart!

I was in the identical situation to you in the work place up until just a few months ago. I worked with 2 dubs who I had been associating with and working with for a number of years. Over the past 18months I had chosen to fade gradually and stopped attending meetings this time last year. I decided that they had no right to any privileged information about me, unless they were truly happy for me. I received several lectured lunches but over the months to follow gained enough strength just openly state that I agreed to disagree.

This time last year the 'End of Year' function (Christmas Party!!) photo's were posted in the monthly news letter. And right there in full sized colour was a big spanking big picture of Vee accepting the PFI award for my attempts at the funtion previous (that's the p'ssed f'ing idiot award...Just for the record when my name was read out I had to lean to one of the directions and ask what it stood for, such innocence I tell you ha ha ha). That seemed to be enough to ward of the wolves for a short amount of time, but it was so easy to see the anger brewing in them. Unfotunately, it was impossible to avoid contact with them altogether, which I would have preferred for comfortability sake As the 2 dubs were doing the socieity recommended jobshare thing on front reception......Anyway it got to a point where one in particular would go to the emph to ignore me. We would share a lift or have unavoidable involvement through work and she refused to deal with me. So I confronted her and dragged her into my office and told her that I wasn't asking for her approval or her forgiveness, I was only demanding that she be civil to me in our place of work as she had no right to make me feel so uncomfortable there, and if she didn't then I would take it to the powers that be. Anyway I gave her half an hour to scream and vent at me while I remained reasonably composed, and responded that her vile comments of hatred against me showed her inhumanity. My favourite comment which I must share was in respects to all of the time and effort that she had so graciously given me in the way of spiritual guidance etc..."There's is a piece of me in you that I can't get back and you're trashing it everday". She calmed down after a few weeks and was only as civil to me as was absolutely necessary, so my purpose was I think achieved.

Not long after I left the company to move directly to the other side of the planet, don't regret it a bit!

V**

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

It depends on who it is, there have been some I've ignored while I was in the truth.

my hubby did on one ocassion run into two of them in Walmart, they quickly ducked down another isle.

for myself if I see the family Jesika is related to I will say hi from her mom (V) and sisters just to see their reaction.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Craig......(only 4 posts in a month class....I've got this posting additction under wraps) LOL, yeah, right. Is the race back on?

Drat looks like you sussed me out!

Englishman, lol...ya right...I'm a lot more aggressive than G,Oldman so I guess that explains a lot.

Xena thats cool, liked your unedited bad dub song the best...lol

Thanks people

Brummie

edited to add...Leon? tut tut... now thats a 'wordly' film!...lol..Gets worse everytime I watch it.

Edited by - Brummie on 8 January 2003 10:33:10

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I leave it up to the JW. I always make it a point to be friendly. If they decide to shun me, then so be it.

Shunning is, after all, "a personal decision" according to the letter I got from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Shunning is, after all, "a personal decision" according to the letter I got from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

LOL...perhaps they need to send that letter to all congregations!

Brumm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit