What do you do...?

by Brummie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

What do you do when you see JW family or JWs who were once good friends on the street? Do you look at them and give them the opportunity to snub you? Or do you take the initative to cross the road and look the other way before they do it? I tend to barge past em like they dont exist these days.

The first few months after I left I would look at them and give them the chance to either snub or say hi..it turned out they all snubbed so I stopped looking at them even! Seems to me they enjoy the shunning, especaily those who had always been best friends. The only people I continue to give the opportunity is family dubs and they have always practiced the same snubbery...so I think to myself "stuff em" who gives a flying! Then when they purposely snub my never JW wife and kids I do give a flying and I feel like giving them the two finger sign (If not a full head on collision)...but that just wouldnt be the Christian thing to do would it...

My family photo's here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=40324&page=32&site=3

Its thier loss if they can shun these little nippers who dont know what crime they have committed.

Brummie (only 4 posts in a month class....I've got this posting additction under wraps)

• dottie
    dottie

Thankfully, I live across the country from where my old cong was, but in the following years when I still lived there, I would hurry up and light up a ciggie. My way of saying f-** them Although I would still like to do that, I no longer smoke :)!

Dottie

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I would hurry up and light up a ciggie

now THAT is funny....bwaahahahah, got a mental picture of their so rightous faces.

I like it.

Brumm

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Brummie,

Oh, cute sweet kitty face!!! Its good to hear from you again, but not like this. Is there any one way to deal with this? No probably not. Personally, my method is "if I don't exist, they don't exist". Are those "friends" measuring up to my standards? NO They are not worthy of whatever I have to offer. Getting to that point has taken time & has been a challenge.

You have a very beautiful family. The persons snubbing them are by no means deserving an acknowledgment from your family. They are trying to get to you through them. They are not worthy, for they are the crimminals.

you were very kind & friendly when I 1st came here. Please take care. My very best to you & yours.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I'm fortunate, I haven't seen a dub that I knew in years. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any in years. I live in a gated community, they can't get in here :)

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I live in a gated community, they can't get in here :)

Baaaawl...now THAT is that is solution to a major problem!

The persons snubbing them are by no means deserving an acknowledgment from your family

(((Moreisbetter))) You are encouraging, period!

I hadnt thought of it that way, your right, they dont deserve an acknowledment! Kewl perspective.

Brummie

• Xandria
    Xandria

Thanks Brummie,

Now I have the "Cops" theme stuck in my head.. but it is not "Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do.." its' " Bad Dub Bad Dubs whatcha gonna do ? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you ??!"

Xandria

Of I live behind the Iron Gate Class

• onacruse
    onacruse

Not long after I was DFd, I was in a hardware store and saw an elder I knew. I started talking to him just like any other person I've known. Why not? I had every civil and moral freedom to talk to him. If he didn't like it, he could walk away.

No way I'm ever going to give any JW the satisfaction of thinking that I feel guilty for leaving.

Craig

PS:

(only 4 posts in a month class....I've got this posting additction under wraps)

LOL, yeah, right. Is the race back on?

Edited by - onacruse on 7 January 2003 3:18:32

• ugg
    ugg

if i see a witness,,,,i just smile,,,say hello,,,and keep moving....

• Englishman
    Englishman

Brummie,

Maybe it's that resemblance you have to Gary Oldman that scares 'em?

I mean, c'mon now, I ve seen "Leon"!

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit