Lurkers Take Note! 'Apostacy' is Effective

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

All you 'loyal' lurkers take careful note of what appeared in the Watchtower recently:

Hard, cold proof that 'murmuring', 'rebellion' - and so-called 'apostacy' CAN FORCE
    MORAL REFORM ON THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY!

Read the new Jan. 15, 2003 'Question From Readers' regarding swearing a legal oath.
    The reply counsels Witnesses to speak the truth.

Why did this subject come up now? Because the Society is getting deluged with lawsuits
    AND WITNESSES ARE BEING EXPOSED IN COURT AS LIARS. The Society is scared that JWs will
    get a reputation for lying on the witness stand ( as they have been coached to do in
    child custody cases, for example). The Watchtower leadership is afraid of exposure of
    their 'Theocratic Warfare Strategy' - and so PRINTS A DISCRETE RETRACTION!

ASK YOURSELF, did they simply huddle together by coincidence and express moral outrage
    at a habit of Witness deceit after tolerating it for 50 plus years?

No! THEY WERE FORCED INTO IT BY YOUR COMPLAINTS AND INTERNET EXPOSURES!!!!!!!!!!!!

........and NOW READ the Feb 1 Watchtower 'Questions From Readers' on rape and
    screaming.

AGAIN, ask yourself honestly, WHY NOW? Why after years of ambiguity do they finally
    publish something on this sad, painful topic?

BECAUSE 'Apostates' and 'murmurers' protested about it and kept exposing it so that
    the Society became ashamed - and had to respond!

The Watchtower used to defame and vilify individuals - until a lawyer named Olin Moyle
    sued their a$$es and won. Did they stop because they felt shame? Because of guilt?
    NO! They 'got wisdom' because they got caught and forced to stop.

So, the next time you hear some garbage - some bull$shit - SOME LIES - about how
    Jehovah guides the 'faithful slave' to provide spiritual food

.... keep in mind that what you welcome as divine guidance MAY HAVE BEEN FORCED ON
    THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY BY BRAVE, ETHICAL 'REBELS' - 'APOSTATES'!

And don't doubt for a minute, that the Society monitors these boards - or that your
    exposure of Watchtower misdeeds isn't effective!!!!!!! What you can read in the WT.
    presently should convince you otherwise.

metatron

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, and by the way, since I now have the attention of you Bethel monitors!

Consider the Biblical example of King Josiah - who failed to listen to Pharoah
    Necho and got killed. The Bible sez that this pagan, 'demon-worshipping' leader
    warned Josiah with the voice of God - inspired , in effect, by Jehovah.

This obscure account might affect your personal viewpoint - so as not to simply
    reject good advice - regardless of who gives it...

...... even 'pagan, demon-worshipping' 'apostates'!

metatron

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Metatron;

Would you be able to scan the question for readers for us so we can all see it. Thanks.

Orangefatcat

• Scully
    Scully

Hi metatron:

and NOW READ the Feb 1 Watchtower 'Questions From Readers' on rape and
    screaming.

AGAIN, ask yourself honestly, WHY NOW? Why after years of ambiguity do they finally
    publish something on this sad, painful topic?

BECAUSE 'Apostates' and 'murmurers' protested about it and kept exposing it so that
    the Society became ashamed - and had to respond!

We had a couple of threads going about this article last week. The WTS has still failed its readership when it comes to rape, ESPECIALLY in view of the fact that this is now 2003 - the TWENTY FIRST CENTURY for crying out loud.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43326&site=3

What are the shortcomings in the article?

First and foremost is the glaring omission in recommending that a rape victim seek medical attention immediately following the attack, and making a report to the police.

Secondly, is the insinuation that if the rape victim did not scream, she did not do all she could, and that if she feels overwhelmed by guilt, it is an indication she is unclean in Jehovah's eyes.

Third, is the statement that Jehovah knows everything, "including motives" - as if a woman plans to go out and get raped. Meaning she is still going to have to go before a committee of MEN who are going to want to know why she was where she was, why she was alone with a man who ended up raping her, what was she wearing, had she been drinking, etc etc.

So, even though they seemingly accept the possibility that there may be extenuating circumstances that prevents a woman from screaming, they are still not taking the view that rape is a violent crime against women that stems from anger and control, instead they regard rape as an act of fornication or adultery that got rough. SHAME ON THEM.

Love, Scully

edited to add URL from previous thread

Edited by - Scully on 6 January 2003 11:11:52

• Scully
    Scully

OFC:

here's the scan, courtesy of expatbrit:

Love, Scully

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is an incredible U-turn!

When I think of the hoo-hah this used to cause in court when I got divorced, well, words fail me.

I was an ex-JW, my ex-wife was going for re-instatement and trying to do all the right things as we went in and out of Crown Courts, Magistrates Courts, County Courts and God knows what else.

Each time she insisted that she would only affirm, not take an oath on the Bible as this was against her renewed religion. Most times the magistrates looked absolutely non-plussed whilst a search was mounted to find an affirmation card that was deemd suitable for her to read from.

My God, before you know it they'll be saying that it's OK to have spare part body surgery!

Englishman.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The Society should take their own words and apply them to themselves.

he remembers he is swearing before God to tell the truth............he should bear in mind that he is under oath to tell the truth,which of course, is what a Christian wants to speak at all times

Liars shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Liars shall burn in the firey Gehana from which there is no resurrection. In other words what you say eternal death. Or as the word of God says your eternal damnation. You have proved worse than the relgions that you condemn because you have cloaked yourselves in purity and now your dirt is being revealed. How does it feel????

Orangefatcat.

PS. Thanks Scully you sweet heart.

Edited by - orangefatcat on 6 January 2003 12:9:52

• Mary
    Mary

Sooooooooo...........was it not okay for a JW to put their hand on the bible and swear to "tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" before this article came out??

Geeze, I guess I'm not a good little Christian........I had no idea that there was any controversy on this in the first place!

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Sooooooooo...........was it not okay for a JW to put their hand on the bible and swear to "tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" before this article came out??

That is correct, Ma'am!

Englishman.

• herself
    herself

I was raped as a 12 year old girl. I did not scream, I was speechless. My scalp was crawling with fear. I was not brutally forced down, but there was a gun pointed right at my chest. I was no match for the guy. He said he'd kill me if I screamed. We were out in the boonies, no one would have heard me scream, and if they'd heart a gunshot, it would have been from a distance, and likely people would have thought, "Was that a gun shot?" then they'd have gone on about their business.

I was a virgin, and he wasn't gentle, and it hurt a lot. I was trying not to scream while it was happening, because I was afraid he'd kill me. He put his hand over my mouth so hard, I could taste my lips. When he was done, he took a dirty rag and put his hand up inside me to wipe out evidence and to try to keep me from becoming pregnant. That hurt worse than the rape itself, probably it was part of the rape for him. It left an indelible impression on me. I did not become pregnant.

I never told anyone. I did not report him, because I was just a kid, and he told me that if I told, he'd come kill me and my parents and that no one would be able to stop him. I did not tell my parents in order to protect them. He was someone we knew, and he'd call me on the phone once in a while to remind me not to tell anyone. I didn't.

I don't know where he is now. I don't know if he is still alive. I have no real feelings about it anymore, except to realize that I should have told. But at the time I felt responsible to protect myself and my family from him. I was so young and naive.

When I later joined the WTBS as an adult, I never told them either, because at that time they were saying that if a woman went along with the rape, she was guilty of fornication. Since I didn't resist, I was guilty, according to them. Then other women in the cong, who'd never been raped, were saying things like, "I'd rather die than be raped." I never did understand that. If I had been shot, I wouldn't have married, would not have my children, would not have enjoyed the life I love so much. Why would they rather die than be raped? I wanted to live, and he had me, dead or alive right then. To live, I did not resist.

Was I actually raped? It sure felt like it to me.

H.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit