Talked to my dad Sunday morning

by pr_capone 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• ugg
    ugg

cancer,,,seperation,,,and a wonderful son....they both need you now....hoping all turns out..

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

It's nice to see that you love your family so much. That will make an impression, and will help your dad through the bad time.

Have him join a club of something that he is interested in, anything! Anything to keep him from being dragged back into the lifeless friendship of the kingdom halls.

ash

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

May I add my warm congrats on your attitude to your dad , and sympathy to your poor mother (or was it step mother ?, sorry)

The difficulty in breaking away reminds me of my own experience many years ago when I was 20ish . Old enough to be independant but having been raised in the Borg, totally unable to mix with "Worldy people" comfortably . At that time I did not know what I know now. I just felt unhappy with it all and wanted to break out.

I tried hard. I joined a social club, and cultivated friendships at work - but I just did not fit in . I felt like a fish out of water.

Eventually ,a few months later and out of boredom and nothing else I re joined the "Truth" . I went to a bigger congregation a little way away and it was a whole new beginning. Before long, the Witness mode of thinking kicked in again and - Wonderful ! "I had regained my spirituality"

That was it for the next 25 years until I seriously questioned things again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit