Did Geoffrey Jackson Commit Perjury, or Just "Spiritual Warfare"?

by The Searcher 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Mr. Jackson was pressured by Angus Stewart to answer if the Org condoned corporal punishment, to which he openly stated that the Org does not condone corporal punishment for J.W. children. This "fact" has never been revealed in the Org's literature, in fact, this article which was published under Geoffrey Jackson's supervision, by definition demonstrates the Org's approval of corporal punishment for J.W. children!
    w06 11/1 p. 5 Reliable Advice for Raising Children:

"Dr. James Dobson wrote in The Strong-Willed Child (1978): “Corporal punishment in the hands of a loving parent is a teaching tool by which harmful behaviour is inhibited”....... With regard to discipline, the Bible states: “The rod and reproof are what give wisdom.” (Proverbs 29:15) However, not all children need physical punishment." [apparently some do!]

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There words are coming back to bite them.

When I used to take my kids to the baby area (during assemblies) to change, eat, etc., there were PLENTY of parents who went a bit to far in disciplining their children. It was very hard to watch this.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

His holiness watchtower rock star pope wacko Jacko did commit perjury under theocratic warfare(tm).

No one can tell me that his holiness was sincere. He is protecting his assets.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    It depends on who you ask. A thinking person will not have the same answer as an Org zombie. In Australian law does that constitute perjury? If so they chose not to pursue it.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

4 For fear of being accused of abuse—physical, verbal, or emotional—some parents shy away from correcting their children. We need not harbor such fears. The word “discipline” as used in the Bible does not imply any kind of abuse or cruelty. The Greek word for “discipline” primarily relates to instruction, education, correction and, at times, firm but loving chastisement.

17 Isaiah further compared Jehovah’s correction to another farming process—threshing. A farmer uses different threshing instruments according to the toughness of the chaff of the grain. A rod is used for tender black cumin and a staff for cumin, but a sledge or cart wheel is used for grains with tougher chaff. Still, he will not tread the harder grains to the point of crushing them. Likewise, when Jehovah wants to remove anything undesirable in his people, he varies his treatment according to existing needs and circumstances. He is never arbitrary or heavy-handed. (Isaiah 28:26-29) Some children respond to just a glance from their parents, and nothing more is needed. Others require repeated reminders, while still others may need persuasion of a stronger kind.

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2001722?q=physical+discipline&p=par#h=6

With regard to discipline, the Bible states: “The rod and reproof are what give wisdom.” (Proverbs 29:15) However, not all children need physical punishment.

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006801?q=physical+discipline&p=par

Would anyone like to send these quotes, along with a quote of where Jackson said they don't condone physical punishment, to:

Email us

contact@childabuseroyalcommission

.gov.au

((I can't copy from PDF's, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could find time to put them together and email them))

I strongly feel that was an actual lie. :(

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In review of what was stated under oath by Jackson , the RC could very well charge him with perjury for this and probably more false misleading statements.

Its been broadly known that the WTS. condones physical punishment for children when its deemed necessary by their parents and has for many years.

The bible also states that children that bring dishonor to their parents should be killed, but the JWs refrain from going that far.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

At 48:25 of Part One, Jackson made this statement "Even in ancient times God did not have in mind for children to be beaten up in a bad way."

Jackson said that children should not be "beaten in a bad way". When asked directly if the JWs practice corporal punishment he said "Hmmuh."..."No"..."not me personally".

I don't think Jackson ever did say that corporal punishment was actually prohibited - to the question "Does your church practice corporal punishment?" he finally squeezed out a "no". But, he never did say that "his church" prohibited it.

(part one at about 51:30) Right after this exchange about disipline, he is questioned about women and Jackson does a defensive move - he drops his hands down behind the table and it appears like he is covering his genitals - a classic move that happens when someone who is lying feels vulnerable.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    OrphanCrow8 minutes agoAt 48:25 of Part One, Jackson made this statement "Even in ancient times God did not have in mind for children to be beaten up in a bad way."

First of all what is his or the Org's perception of "a bad way"? A slap on the butt? A belt? A fist? Perhaps a quick roundhouse to the jaw?

I seem to remember him saying the Org has never encouraged corporal punishment but also never said they didn't discourage it either. I need to read the manuscript, perhaps this weekend....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Liars gotta' lie. It's what they do.

Maybe Jacko didn't read that particular issue.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

His holiness watchtower rock star pope wacko Jacko: "Even in ancient times God did not have in mind for children to be beaten up in a bad way."

Punk wonders...does the gluttonous pig pope mean that 'children can be beaten up 'good way'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit