The conventions and the memorial are a pain in the butt for me.

by John Aquila 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I can imagine those of you who have a spouse that is not awake and how hard it must be. I have a 90 year old mom who is a jw and still puts in 12 hrs a month in field service. The brothers and sisters are always picking her up for conventions, meetings and memorials and as much as I try to avoid them, there are times when I just can’t.

Today among the group that brought her home were two elders who used to go to my old hall. They knew I was waiting for my mom. So after my mom went inside they asked if they could talk to me outside. They start asking me what they can do to help me. You all know the lines. “If you committed a sin brother, Jehovah is very forgiving” We would be more than happy to hear you and help you back to spiritual health.

Yea right.(I didn't say that out-loud)

But I can’t blame them because I did the same thing when I was and elder.I always assumed that when a person stopped coming to the meetings, it was because he/she committed fornication.

So I decided to stump them.

I asked them, If you can answer one question for me from the Bible, I promise I will start tomorrow going to all the meetings.

They said, “Brother, Ask”

I said, “Where in the Bible does it say it’s ok to have Blood Fractions?

You should of seen their eyes!

The other younger brother said, “That’s actually a good question, I never thought of that”

The older elder turned around and gave the younger elder a nasty stare.

The oldest one said, “It’s a conscience matter”

I said, “In the Book of Acts the brothers there made a decision, they said NO BLOOD-period. It does not say “Except BLOOD FRACTIONS is a conscience matter.”

The older Elder started saying, “There’s an article that I can bring you” I interrupted him and said, “I want to see in the Bible where it says BLOOD FRACTIONS are a conscience matter.

The older brother said, “I don’t think the Bible says BLOOD FRACTIONS are a conscience matter.

I said, Thank you brothers for bringing my mom home, that was kind of you and we both appreciate it. You guys have a great evening.

I shook their hands and walked inside the house.

I peeked through the curtains and just saw them get inside their car and drive away. It was kind of eerie, reminded me of when I did shepherding calls.

• possum
    possum
    What makes me cross is the fact that witnesses will take, take, take blood fractions..........from worldly people but wont give blood. surely if they are Jehovahs chosen/clean people they should be prime candidates for giving blood (a loving act) in Australia blood donors are not paid.....And as a nurse (and ex JW) it takes alot of blood to make fractions!!!! Its a religion/cult of entitlement no love required.........
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

The bible says that nothing should be added to the things written, but that doesn't stop them from making up all kinds of rules not in the bible. It's not that fractions are wrong, its that there is nothing wrong with taking blood in the first place. This splitting hairs is just their attempt to get out ofan embarrassing doctrine they won't admit was wrong in the first place.

Also not in the bible:

Judicial committees

A governing body

Field service reports

Telling people how to spend their time

Not watching R rated movies

No eating birthday cake

A specific number of hours in meetings

No higher education

And on and on and on. The Watchtower has made up all these rules when there is nothing in the bible that justifies this kind of micromanaging of people's lives. They make a few things a conscience matter to give the illusion of people having control over their lives, but then give the distinct impression people are really better off just not doing the thing. They have created a whole group of people can't think for themselves.

They are so concerned with obsessing over peoples sex lives and making sure they don't have any free time they have completely lost the meaning of what being a Christian is. If they believe Jesus died for our sins, why are they so obsessed with rules? Jesus said that you will know who are Christ's disciples because they have love among themselves, something that is completely lacking in most congregations. Instead they have a group of people trained to judge each other over every little matter.

• Lostwun
    Lostwun
    John i love how you handled that situation. and when it was clear they couldnt give you a bible response how you simply thanked them for dropping your mom of and kept it moving. lol classic! you put the ball back in their court. I will have to use that one :)
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Excellent strategy! I'm going to use that if the opportunity presents itself.

The blood fractions thing is one of the major things that led to my waking up. It's just illogical; it's not right. It doesn't make sense. Either the Bible forbids blood transfusions or it doesn't. If it does forbid them, then the taking of fractions is wrong. To say "we can't take whole blood, but we can split it up into fractions and take it" is absolutely ludicrous.

possum: as a nurse (and ex JW) it takes alot of blood to make fractions!!!!

Good point. Also, I've read that the process used to fractionate blood and the place where it's done are anything but sacred.

LisaRose: It's not that fractions are wrong, its that there is nothing wrong with taking blood in the first place. This splitting hairs is just their attempt to get out ofan embarrassing doctrine they won't admit was wrong in the first place.

I agree 100% (I agree with the rest of your post, too). They wish they had never gotten into their troublesome blood doctrine. I have indication that they know or at least strongly suspect it's wrong, but they can't back out of it because of the huge issue they've made over it and the number of people, including children, who have died over it.

Imagine what backing out of it would do to the notion that they are they are guardians of doctrine. It would mean that all those years they were wrong about a huge doctrine of life or death importance. It would be difficult to explain that one away as "new light".

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I would of also said cows blood 'hemopure'. If they ever show up that's what I'm going to do as well. Nothing pissed me off more when I found out that Jesus said ' we desire mercy not sacrifice' and in Mark 'nothing eaten by a man can defile him' Of course we can't argue or ask a question that goes against their doctrine so turning it around like you did is the best way. Bunch of murders!!!
  • Sabin
    Sabin

Well said LisaRose, as an orge they are responsible for about 15000 suicides & attempted suicides every year, cause of their wicked shunning polices. Can there be a bigger sin than murder? Child abuse I hear you cry, & where do they stand on that one. Assholes.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Hi guys!

The thing that really gets my piles active is the assumption that we faded /exJW's have something wrong with us! The audacity and presumption !

So my wife gets an sms from a sister who is in this 'I am prepped and primed for Armageddon' mindset - cum - Satan is really busy with the Witnesses these days ' which says "oh I hope you are OK-ish ! " [No....... I am 100% delirious now that I am out !!] or her sister telling all and sundry that wifey has never been more miserable since she became inactive ! - hallo ! Wifey is now living a FULL LIFE and no longer a FOOL life.

On the issue of Blood you will find an incredible bit of reasoning in Ray Franz's book [one of the two] - Its a stone dead blocker on the subject .

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Magnum Imagine what backing out of it would do to the notion that they are they are guardians of doctrine. It would mean that all those years they were wrong about a huge doctrine of life or death importance. It would be difficult to explain that one away as "new light".

Too true, imagine the anger of family members (God help them, parents even), I imagine even the most cult-controlled dub will find that hard to deal with.

Magnum Every time you post I always smile as your AVATAR CRACKS ME UP!

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Ooh look, another new thread by John Aquila.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit