The Vedas - Scientific Knowledge - Prophecy - The Truth?

by LAWHFol 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Splash
    Splash
    Viviane wHy iS THere ranDOM CAPTiaLIZAtioN IN yoUR opENINg Post?

*** w08 4/15 p. 14 par. 11 Young People, Remember Your Grand Creator Now ***
    young ones who study the Bible and strive to apply its principles in their lives get the best education available

*** w02 3/1 p. 25 Serving With a Spirit of Self-Sacrifice ***
    the full-time ministry is the greatest safeguard and provides the best education.

*** w96 12/1 p. 17 par. 10 Youths Who Remember Their Creator ***
    You will, of course, want to pursue what even many secular authorities regard as the best education—the one realized from a careful study of God’s Word

*** g93 4/8 p. 10 Home Schooling—Is It for You? ***
    How effective has home schooling proved to be? Some studies have shown that home schoolers generally earn scores at or above the national average on standardized achievement tests.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Viviane
    wHy iS THere ranDOM CAPTiaLIZAtioN IN yoUR opENINg Post?

I was expecting you and Cofty to jump on this thread. Nice.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Oh, and don't make the claim that NASA considers Sanskrit to be the highest quality language. That's just easily refuted nonsense.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    ** w08 4/15 p. 14 par. 11 Young People, Remember Your Grand Creator Now ***
    young ones who study the Bible and strive to apply its principles in their lives get the best education available

Well played, sir. Well played indeed.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Vedas Described Many Complex Mathematic methods including : Calculus,Trigonometry,Algebra.

Where? I'm not saying they don't, but when I read them they were a bit psychadelic rather than factual. I must have missed the trig bit.

• DJS
    DJS

Thanks Splash:
    ** g93 4/8 p. 10 Home Schooling—Is It for You? *** How effective has home schooling proved to be? Some studies have shown that home schoolers generally earn scores at or above the national average on standardized achievement tests."

Yes, and then they go on to become the least educated, among the most likely to be unemployed and on government assistance, and have families with the lowest income in their country.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I'm too sober for this mess.

For the foreseeable future...

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I'm still drunk from last night.
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

My thought is what's this obsession with raising a written work to the status of revelation?

Joseph Smith claims to find a book of gold plates that becomes The Book of Mormon...

Charles Taze Russell decides that the Bible is the basis for all doctrine and religious practices...

L. Ron Hubbard publishes Dianetics, and the book is studied and practiced by Scientologists everywhere...

What is it with enlightenment from a book?

Even the Jewish Bible is not used by Jews as if it were the ultimate revelation from G-d, the final say on science, religion, morals, taxes, etc. You will find Christians using our religious texts this way, but not us.

So what's the big obsession with making a book of any kind the font of knowledge? The ultimate rule? I don't get it.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Caleb that was excellent. That should be the drop the mic moment in this thread lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit