GB member and 17000 US$ iWatch !

by sp74bb 30 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

One member of a similar Spanish speaking forum has found something quite interesting.

It is quite funny to see that GB members do not really realize how their belongings are really showing them as a fraud. Do you expect to see a GB wearing a 17000 US$ iWatch when answering to a court. Geoffrey Jackson does !

http://www.extj.com/showthread.php?26634-Cuantos-helados-dejo-de-comprar-Sophia

• prologos
    prologos

Jesus, speaking to prospective first century GB members: "--it is not given to you to understand TIMEs, [even] seasons--" Acts 1;7. so,

they will not understand it, but measure it in the most expensive way possible, with our money, work.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

There are already two threads about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/440110001/geoffrey-jacksons-golden-apple-watch-investigated

Yours is now a third. But thx for sharing, anyway.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    The Spanish thread is titled: "How many ice creams did Sophia not buy?"
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

So by prominently wearing the iWatch to the RC hearing, the gb are taking the lead in applying jesus' words literally to;

"Keep on the iWATCH!"

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• millie210
    millie210
    So by prominently wearing the iWatch to the RC hearing, the gb are taking the lead in applying jesus' words literally to;
    "Keep on the iWATCH!"
    just saying!
    eyeuse2badub

That is exactly the point.

It is one thing to receive gifts from people.

But to be so arrogant as to not even dress the part when you are going on camera before the world trying to appear like a humble man of God????

• Magnum
    Magnum

JustVisting: The Spanish thread is titled: "How many ice creams did Sophia not buy?"

Wow!!! That really makes the point! So the children are supposed to forgo ice cream cones for a belief system they don't really know or understand - one that is basically forced on them, yet the GB can wear fancy watches and have other perks.

I can't help but think of the years when I was broke as a pioneer. I glued strips of rubber on the bottoms of my service shoes when the soles wore out because I couldn't afford new ones. I couldn't afford to go to the doctor or dentist. I cut my own hair. At times, I was without transportation.

I remember an account from a Watchtower (maybe late 80's?). It referred to a JW who could afford a Cadillac, but who drove a Volkswagen because he didn't want to give the wrong impression to others. So what happened to that mindset?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"So what happened to that mindset?"

It is LONG GONE. The religion we were born into is long gone (not that the old version was much better). This is the new and improved JW. They don't even use Jehovahs Witnesses to identify themselves, they are JW's.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    ToesUp, I agree.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But to be so arrogant as to not even dress the part when you are going on camera before the world trying to appear like a humble man of God????

It was probably suggested that he "dress for" the magistrate and prosecutors (right term?), that is to say, LOOK SUCCESSFUL instead of like a JW window-washer. Tailored suits and a nice watch and pinky ring. Let's be honest, he did make a hell of a lot better impression than the goofballs from Australia Bethel. He certainly had a better memory.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit