Too close to home

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

OMG that was so embarassing but I was only in the hall that carried my terriorty for a couple years and they never worked it. My family always went to a hall outside our territory.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember this all too well. Funny, my parents moved when I was about 10 to an area that was out of our territory, so after that I was not working in my personal area.

However, I had to go out in service where my schools were, and that sucked! That also included the area where I originally was before 10, and I never liked working that territory, even as I grew older.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is funny how reading a thread like this can invoke recessed feelings of insecurity and mental anguish. I absolutely hated working around my home. When I was a child I had the same dread as has been expressed in this thread of meeting schoolmates while out in service. Even as an adult, I hated the prospect of meeting someone at work at his or her home. I thought I had exorcised those feelings from my subconscious but this thread has brought them all back. Thanks a lot.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I detested working in FS period I didn't care if it was close to home or not, it sucked either way.

My favorite 'FS' was when I was pioneering alone and my 10 hour days consisted of a trip to the mall and a movie or two. Now, THAT's pioneering!

• benext
    benext

All of our territory was within walking distance and I worked in my building many a time. Never liked it. People would just look through the peephole and walk away. Classmates and later workmates would ask me about going from door to door sometimes. Then the horror stories would begin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit