"Demonized" Catholic

by finnrot 13 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Fin... I used to date a catholic girl so I am the authority on all things catholic.

The Catholic church will recognize a baptism from ANY religion (including the dubs), if you wre baptized as a dub then the baptism should stand. This is what her priest told her when she talked to him about us getting married. You may want to talk to her priest and see if they say differently.

I do know that if you get married as a Catholic they make you sign some document that says that you promise to raise your children as catholics. Things to think about.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals!

BTW, LMAO @ Gumby

• finnrot
    finnrot

Robyn- Jet wants to get married there in the Philippines, in front of all her friends and family.

She's going to talk to her priest tomorrow to find out if I really have to be a baptised Catholic to marry her in the church.

• finnrot
    finnrot

pr_capone- I sent both my daughters to an all girls Catholic high school so I have contributed much $$$$$ to the church already, that should count for something.

I promised Jet I would raise our children Catholic, so that's not a problem.

And as far as them accepting any previous baptism I'm sure in the States it's acceptable. But Jet told me that her priest might want me to bring a baptismal certificate. So I might need to get baptised as a Catholic anyway.

-fin

Edited by - finnrot on 5 January 2003 8:30:43

• Robdar
    Robdar

Congratulations Finnrot and Jet!

Love,

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit