I Lost 80 Pounds in 8 Months

by JLOB 32 Replies latest social physical

• ballistic
    ballistic

Gumby, just out of curiosity, what is your calorie intake for the rest of the day and how long could you sustain that drop for?

• gumby
    gumby

I can sustain the drop untill I go back to the sweets.(usually lasts a few weeks ) Then I hit the sweets again. I guess I last until I start unbuttoning my top button on my levis so I can bend over. When it gets like that......I cut out the sweets for awhile. I don't have a weight problem.....only a little paunch.

I don't know what my calorie intake is

Gumby

Edited by - Gumby on 5 January 2003 8:10:5

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

JLOB,

Tell us how you did it! Your email is locked.

• gumby
    gumby

Tell us how you did it! Your email is locked.

You do two lines of meth each day for one month......presto!

Actually I think it was just eating right and exercising he said.

• flower
    flower

wow thats cool jlob. please give us tips that helped you stick with the healthy eating.

i've adopted a healthy eating plan since jan 1 and have lost 4 lbs already. i feel better and have more energy too. i think people dont realize how much variety there is out there for healthy eating. it isnt as convenient as grabbing fast food, it takes planning but i have enjoyed each meal and its worth it. i'm also drinking a lot of water each day and i think that has helped.

i'm just afraid that if i hit a stressful period or busy time time in a few months i will not have the patience or will to stick with making healthy meals and will look for quicker, less healthy alternatives.

how do you stick with it for a year and what do you do when life gets stressful, hectic or hardships occur?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I couldn't believe how easy it was also. I was loosing at a massive 1 Stone (14 lbs) a month and am still loosing.

It just calorie counting thats all I am doing.

• patio34
    patio34

Congratulations to JLOB and Ballistic!

I have lost 50 pounds in '02 from June till October. I have 15-20 more to go starting this month. I took a hiatus.

It's easy once one discovers what their body responds to. My problem wasn't will power, cravings, etc. It was simply that I was underestimating how much to eat during the day and ended up with a hidden hunger in the evenings. I reversed that and ate hearty breakfasts, lunches, and 2 snacks and then evenings were a breeze. I had a very light dinner. And the weight just fell off, I walk a lot, and was never hungry. All the other problems with sticking to a diet left when I started eating enough earlier in the day.

Good luck to one and all!

Pat

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Right On!!!!

Ruby of the "ice cream elbow" class.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Excellent!

Back a couple of years ago, I found out that my cholesterol was through the roof! So the doctor put me on a statin drug. Well, I ended up being part of the small percentage of people who can't take statins. The statins made me have extreme fatigue, muscle weakness and muscle cramps! I could hardly make it through a day. Well, the doctors told me to stop the statins and concentrate on diet with the aid of other cholesterol lowering drugs, and exercise. In the end, I ended up losing 15 pounds. I felt really good and went down a size in clothes. Sadly to say, I have gained it all back. I am back to watching what I eat, but, damn it is just about the hardest thing in the world to lose weight!

And, if I didn't welcome you to the forum before,

W E L C O M E !

Mrs. Shakita

Ruby, I LOVE ice cream, too! My favorite.....Chocolate Almond Chip....oops, sorry...told you it was hard!

• kelpie
    kelpie

That is fantastic..

It is such an encourgement for me aswell.. I am currently trying to get into a new way of life with healthy eating and exercising more....

I will keep reading your post when I get discouraged.

Kelps (from the larger then life class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit