I Lost 80 Pounds in 8 Months

by JLOB 32 Replies latest social physical

• JLOB
    JLOB

I lost 80 pounds in 8 months on a low fat diet. I beilive the only true way to gain a heathy body is the old fashion method of eating less and moving more. If everyone would eat a well balanced diet and exercise regularly then there would not be such a huge market for Diet ripe Off Programs. I will be glad tell anyone how I lost my weight for free and not try to sell them any products, books, tapes, or phoney diet program. In 2 weeks I will be running in the Houston Marathon. Last Feburary 1st I weighed 280 pounds and could not run a mile. In 1 year I went from 280 pounds and the inability to run a mile to weighing 200 pounds and participating in a marathon race. I am not only going to complete the marathon I am going to run it in less than 4 hours and propably finish in the top 25 percentile of all the runners. I am a living example that weight management is free and it does not require anyone to spend alot of money to get what they need to have the health they want.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

That is awsome. I totally agree with you diet and exercise is the only way to get fit.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

The problem is the will power that it takes. I have tried every diet in the book so I know. I also love pizza and cheeseburgers and anything's good fried. Exercise is the easy part I think but it seems as if food that's bad for you is not only more affordable but easy to access. Oh well.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Willpower comes to those who want it. You just have to get it out of your house and give yourself no access to the bad food. It doesn't mean you can never have pizza or cheeseburger again but everyday is not good for anyone. Moderation is the key.

Edited by - Scarlet on 5 January 2003 2:35:28

• Introspection
    Introspection

In a way this is like religion. It doesn't matter what you believe is healthy for you, if it's just a belief it won't go very far. When you realize, when it clicks and you actually know you feel worse eating junky food or not exercising then you will naturally want to do the healthy things, rather than beating your self up through will power. I mean isn't will power trying to make yourself do what one part of you doesn't want to do? It's one part of yourself fighting against another isn't it? Most of us will have some food that's not so good for us once in a while, I say just really enjoy it while you're having it. No need to put yourself through a guilt trip like you have to repent for eating a cheeseburger or something.

Edited by - Introspection on 5 January 2003 3:8:33

• ugg
    ugg

DOUBLE WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is fantastic....good for you!!!!!!!!!!!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Congratulations!!! That's great!

• ring
    ring

Thats great JLOB, congratulations on your sucess.

• ballistic
    ballistic

JLOB, I started in September 2002 using my own calorie counting and walking to work alternate weeks and I have lost over 3 stone (44 lbs). I only have just over another stone to loose to be on my target weight!!!

• gumby
    gumby

If I simply cut out icecream and cookies( or anything else sweet ), before I go to bed.....I can drop 7-10 lbs. in a week.......no lie!

At that point I am a REAL hunk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit