Ozzie's Weekend Poll #33

by ozziepost 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Mrs Ozzie and I are enjoying a week in the Blue Mountains at a convention (no, not a District Convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Where at? Aussie? There's a Blue Mountain Retreat at New Ringgold, PA that has a ex-JW convention held every year on October. Is that where you are or a entirely differently location of the same name?

Yizuman

• ring
    ring

number 9 was the first thing that came to mind

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

2 and 7

• blondie
    blondie

9, 10, 11 and

12 Why do they accept help from the Red Cross as a group and as individuals during disasters when JWs are not allowed to contribute to the Red Cross?

Blondie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

9, 10 and 11

and 12(other) - while they beat up a ruccus about their "wonderful deeds", I think of the meek young people I personally know from round here, who are currently giving their lives look after the aids sufferers in third world places, a nd not for any "heavenly pay" either, nor for the cover of preaching crapologistic crapology.

and thankfully they won't be glorified for it in a magazine of their own making.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Greetings Ozzie and Mrs. Ozzie...glad you're having a good time away.

I always thought:

#12 Other: We can always count on our brothers and sisters to be there for each other to help out in a crisis because of our unique love and concern for each other. Yikes! was I really that naive?

The trouble with that answer is that one time, after I pridefully made that comment when some disaster struck somewhere, someone asked me "why do you only help JWs in need....what about other people who are suffering right beside them?". I was embarassed at how selfish my belief had sounded.

That probably was another time a seed of doubt was planted and contributed to the huge field of questions starting to grow in that vast wasteland of JW brainwashing inside my head.

Cheers!

Had Enough

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

#5 and #10

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

No. 11. Why only to Jehovah's Witnesses?

• Xena
    Xena

#11 - even when I was a JW I thought it didn't feel right....

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

good day to you mr and mrs. Ozzie

at first I thought #1

now it's a strong #2, just bragging, making themselves look good.

which is closely related to #7 showing off.

#10 why is that they don't help out every day? that brings me to #12 I hated it that they didn't support charities with nothing more than a piece of paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit