badly handled from Elders

by Olivia Wilde 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

I am still attending the KH, I actually recently became aware of the TTATT, what I believed came as a huge surprised for me, I wasn't raised as a JW and have been for about 15 years. I have always been a very open minded individual all my life always seeing both sides of any situation with logic and common sense and so I believe discovering all of the doctrines I have been taught sense 16 years of age, wasn't extremely hard for me to realize in my heart it was a lie. What did it for me? well it was me discovering the Watchtower Society being a NGO member of the UN nations for 10 years, after that the snowball just got bigger for me. In my present congregation I have been a victim of a vicious lie from a current JW, mind this person has consistently had a vicious agenda and vendetta against my person. I was DF years ago and as I was coming back this person, who I never knew that even existed or seen there or notice, started acting like a thugy bully from the hood, like I was trespassing this person's territory. This person was not to talk to me since I was DF, one elder heard this person making comments at me during a meeting, and I was summoned one meeting night to the back room during the meeting. 2 elders met with me and asked me if "anyone" was making bad comments to me, I explain yes and I didn't know this person from here or before and couldn't understand what the issue was since I don't know this person and anything about. I thought the issue was going to be handled, fast forward 3-4 years during this time this person acted continued acting this way, making comments at me, walking pass me, stare/glare at me and laugh with cynicism, I honestly thought this person was mentally ill, I ignored this person which made this person more angry that I didn't cave in to the mediocre things he/she was doing so this would provoke this person to keep trying to get a reaction, but nothing from me. I know this person spread rumors to others in the congregation about me that thank goodness one person told me, it was until last year this person did the unthinkable during a meeting & crossed the line, to which I told 1 Elder that same day and then 2 Elders met with me & I explain the situation. I thought they handled it I never heard back anything, then this year this person accused me of hitting her/him with "soo much force" it have this person a bruise. I was astounded and extremely indignant someone would lie in this manner, we agreed to meet with 2 elders. This person lied to my face and I come to find out this that "I did this" a year prior. I was OMGGGG, this person is mentally sick, vicious and evil. This person has extremely insecurity & complex issues and feels threatened by other better looking people. It's never been the same since for me, Elders know there was history of this person acting this way towards me and now "their hands are tied?" totally BSSS they know and not willing to do something more extreme towards this person, knowing he/she lied because I am guessing this person puts high $$ amounts on the contribution box in a check form so everyone knows its coming from this individual. (This person loves attention from everyone and wants everyone to keep him/her in high esteem) I am extremely sicken now when I raise my hand to comment during meetings and many times the only one I don't get called. I am extremely sick by the whole thing honestly. Eventually I know I will pull away after knowing the TTATT, I don't owe these people anything, only to God, as Ray Franz says. I already stop going door to door , I bet if many current JWs knew the "gentile times" have not even started and everything I was awakened by the facts, they would not even express the same urgency they do now. Jesus was right "the truth will set you free" and for the first time in a very long time I do feel free because I found out the truth about the truth & not being in fear of any earthly organization!!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome Olivia Wilde.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Olivia I'm sorry to hear you had to endure such awful abuse, particularly in a setting that is supposed to emulate Jesus' example of love. I'm happy you've discovered TATT and will finally be able to make a decision for your future based on your own conscience and understanding what the reality is. At least when you finally decide to leave you will no longer have to face that sort of mental abuse. Good luck and know that we're all here to help any way we can!
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    As you can tell, "the lunatics have taken over the asylum." Forget thinking that you will ever get genuine kindness or any justice from these people. Fade and just leave it behind. Find and enjoy a new life with people who aren't mentally diseased! lol Welcome Olivia! keep posting.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Hi Olivia, So sorry to hear of your bullying, and hard times, but glad to hear that you know the Truth About the Truth~

When you don't 'need people's approval'.... life gets easier... right?

Maybe you want to go back to be able to fade, to reconnect with your family, that's great... but if you have no family in there? the 'friends' you left behind are not real true friends, they are 'conditional'.... only if you are 'in' are they friends...

Hugs and best wishes,

Cha Ching!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, I am glad you know tatt now, so you don't have to put up with this abuse. Nothing I hear any more surprises me about the people in this religion, I have come to believe that not only are Jehovah's Witnisses not better than people from other religions, they are often a lot worse.

If the elders question you, just tell them that Jesus said you would recognize his true followers because of the love they have amongst themselves. Since you have not been shown love by them or this person you can only conclude that they are not true followers of Jesus, so you are going to treat them as being disfellowshipped by you.

Be prepared in case this crazy person continues to try to abuse you, you may have to get a restraining order.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome.

What's your exit plan? Fade, DA or GOIABOG(going out in a blaze of glory)?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I'd find this person somewhere.......out and about some evening where it's quite and they are alone. I'd then proceed to kick the living dog shit out of them. I'd beat them to within an inch of their petty lives. I wouldn't kill them, they'd just wish they were dead. I'd then ask them, "What are you going to do about it? Tell the phony Elders? There aren't two witnesses to your slanderous accusations. How do YOU like being beat down, you punk bitch?" I'd of course be wearing lead-sap gloves, so that I wouldn't bruise my hands, only their ribs & face with each blow. That's what a chronic, abusive, self-centered narcissist like that deserves. A freakin' beat-down.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Olivia. I truly hope that you now plan to fade (as I am doing at the moment) and put this organization and its sycophants well behind you.

Just remember this vital point - if you want to successfully fade; do not say anything to anyone in your congregation, especially the elders!

Best wishes for your new life without the Org.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    Thank you all for your words I really appreciate it, I just need to slowly drift......., something happened this week's meeting though, during the discussion/talk of "family worship" the brother on the platform said "there was an Awake/Watchtower magazine that said if we don't have a family worship day most likely we won't make thru the great tribulation" I laughed for a second he made this comment thinking where is the scriptural evidence to support this?? since many scriptures says "the one calling on Jehovah's name will be saved".... my goodness, but I feel so lighter now that I am awakening and not allowing them to instill mind control fear in me since, the judger is NOT them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit