Did this ever seem weird to you?

by whyhideit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel
    rebel

It's funny, I often thought about this. When I was studying in the mid-1980s, it took me ages to cover the required books. Then they introduced the Knowledge book and when I had a couple of studies, I was told by an elder that if the person isn't making 'significant progress' once we have covered half of this book, I should drop them like a hot potato to make them realise the urgency. The thing was, as I explained to this 'caring' elder, some people have many problems and issues going on in their lives and they weren't mentally or emotionally able to make 'significant progress' in so short a space of time. I was told that I needed to heed the advice of the GB - they received their info DIRECTLY from Jehovah and knew what they were doing. I didn't take any notice. One lady studied with me for 4 years. She still isn't baptised and is not regular at meetings. I am so glad because I really like her and now I know she is safer on the outside.

xxR

• nelly1
    nelly1

as I have said before we had a CO on our circuit who would come every 6 months and tell the cong in his talks that to be saved you must be baptised, if you are not yet baptised then you wont make it

GREAAAAAAAAAAT NEWS FOR THOSE JUST STUDYING ATTENDING THE MEETING AND ALSO FOR THOSE WHO ARE UNBAPTISED PUBLISHERS.

so does that mean if u r not baptised you wont get saved??????? oh that caused a stink in my cong amongst the sane people there, but he was unmoved and stuck to his statement.

AND AS WAS BEFORE MENTIONED SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE "ELDERS" GIVE THE a OK

SO REALLY THE LIVES OF PEOPLE ACCORDING TO THE CO LAY IN THE HANDS OF A MERE HUMAN????

I DONT THINK SOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

interesting food for thought isnt it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit