God's Outrageous Claims

by Yizuman 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

There's a very good book for atheists to read that have a very hard time with the concept of God.

The book is written by a former atheist who was like many of you a sceptic until he started doing personal research to find evidence of God and the biblical history and claims. This is an extrememely good read if you want to find out from a former atheist who found evidence that showed proof that God is real and the biblical evidence that is found to back up the Bible.

Click here to view the book.

Yizuman

• Xander
    Xander

What a ridiculous effort in attacking a straw man.

No atheist claims anything he does as an 'outrageous claim'.

A better book would be explaining the claims:

"Evolution doesn't exist, I created everything myself in seven days"

"I exist, am invisible, all-seeing, care about my people, and let them be raped and murdered. For fun or something."

"I am not a god of war. Unless you don't worship me. Then I'll have my people kill you. Or I will on judgement day, you know, whenever I decide to do that."

etc.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

There's a very good book for atheists to read that have a very hard time with the concept of God.

Hard time with god? How 'bout no time with god?

LOL!!! Good try.....you are starting to make me think you want to try to convert us--to Christianity no less.....

• gumby
    gumby

evidence of God and the biblical history and claims.

Actually there is more written on why the bible stories don't jive with what they have found. They do know that all the stories in the bible were COPIED from the pagans and adapted to fit them. There are writings older than the bible that prove this.

If you could prove the bible was true you could never reasonably explain how a loving God could be so murderous, so distant from his kids, .....and then so kind in christ. It will NEVER make sense.

Gumby

• rem
    rem

I prefer Gorf's Outrageous Claims by Gooptum Gleeptim.

rem

• rebel
    rebel

Gumby,

Where can I find something to read about the pagan beliefs that the Bible writers adapted? I would be very interested in this. Does anyone else have any info? It may have been posted before and I missed it.

Thanks

xxR

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Funny how humans thinks of the concept of authority no matter who it may be, God, parents, cops, judges, etc.

"Man, that cop is such a drag!"

"Man, my parents are such a drag!"

"Man, my teacher is such a drag!"

"Man, that judge is such a drag!"

Now man says,

"Man, God is such a drag!"

If you view God that is nothing but a killjoy, then you pretty much view everything as a killjoy.

I can't wait to hear your children talk about you behind your back when you had recently exercised your authority over something they had done wrong.

Oh yeah, I said the same thing as above when I was much younger years ago. Now I see things differently and have a way much better respect for all authority.

Yizuman in driving the 55 MPH class

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Yiz, the only time I think someone is a "drag" is when they are driving 55, the speed limit is 65 and they are in the left lane of the highway.

GET OUT OF THE WAY.....

The whole "authority" arguement makes no sense.

Whatever happens, I will not follow a set of ridiculous rules written by men thousands of years ago. There are too many inconsistencies in the bible.

Why are you trying so hard to convert people who obviously do not want to be converted, gave all of this much thought and now are at peace with their lives?

• rem
    rem

rebel,

One book that I know talks about this a bit is The Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke. There are other books in the same genre that go into it as well. There are also books that go into stories from the Old Testament that were borrowed from Egyptian myths. One I read is 101 Myths of the Bible by Gary Greenberg.

rem

• rebel
    rebel

Thanks Rem,

I'll check these out.

xxR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit