JW Clan coming to visit!

by Golden Girl 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

And I want to run away!...

Hubby's Mom and sister and brother in law (All JW's) are coming to visit him next week. Only for one day this time. I can't stand being in the same house with them!. I was going to leave..but hubby has cancer and doesn't want me to leave. He is afraid he might want something and they don't know how to do it...so he asked me to PLEASE stay.. had to say OK. I want so bad to tell them off. How much I hate their religion .Hubby is a very devoted believer and it has caused a lot of heartbreak in our lives. (I disassociated myself long ago.) Now he has terminal cancer... and I will stay for him..but it is so hard.

When he wasn't sick..I could take it. But now..so much has happened..I really hate that religion!. It's like it has it's hold on him..and he is a blind follower of what his Mom and sister say...When they come they are like two vultures..they corner him and talk "Jehovah" and "How he will see his Dad and THEM in the " New System".Someone is always mising from their picture...could it be me and his "Other" family?..Even though I don't believe the same way they do..It still hurts to hear them say that. Forget his Wife and three children and 6 grandchilden! And they wonder why I get upset when they are here. I am sensitve!..Yeah right!.

Last time they even hinted to him that I didn't love him or I would go to the hall wth him! I should come back so I can be with him. ...I thought people became JW's because of their love of God??? Not Man....

They like to confont me with "You know it's the truth!".And.." Not much time left!."

Like I don't have enough to go through right now!!!!!

Maybe I should tell them how no one from his Hall has been to visit him except one deaf brother that forgot to say a prayer when he left! And he got one phone call from a "Brother" that said he would pick up the latest magazines for him when his sub runs out.... wonder if that includes dropping them off here??

I think I'll let it drop how the Catholic Church my daughter is going to had to be run off when she was in the hospital!..No lack of visiters there!.. Her priest was Johnny on the spot!..

Thanks for letting me ramble! I guess anything is worth putting up with to keep hubby here a while longer!

Snoozy....Who's in the "Kick the dog while shes down class..." Or maybe I am just "Being too Sensitive"...

Edited for spelling!

Edited by - Golden Girl on 2 January 2003 23:29:46

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

My mom who attended the Baptist Church for awhile used to say "When it's all said and done, and we get to Heaven, there's going to be a lot of surprised Baptist up there to see who is or isn't sitting next to them". I've never been a JW, but I guess you can insert JW for Baptist.

I feel for you....I guess you'll have to grin and bear it, actually, come to think of it, humor is a great way of enduring difficult times. When you need to, turn your back, roll your eyes and say to yourself ..."Whatever" or "Yeah, right"... anything to kid yourself out of negative emotions.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thanks Double edge!..Funny..after I posted my post.... I felt better already..sometimes you just have to let it out!........Whatever..

Snoozy.....

Edited by - Golden Girl on 3 January 2003 1:9:55

• happy man
    happy man

Hello golden girl.

I am very sorry to here of the problems widh your hubby, perhaps it is more easy if you have some sort of belive, when this bad things happend, but i am not sure. The only thing we can do is to bee there fore them, and try to comfort in some way, and dont forget we dont no who going to live in the new order, only the lord.

warm greatings from HM , to you AND YOUR HUSBAND.

• ugg
    ugg

golden girl.....you are going through so much........i don't have any great words of wisdom....i wish i did....if it helps at all,,,,i am thinking of you and i care.....((((((((((((((((( golden girl )))))))))))))))

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Damn, Snoozy...I could rant and rave with you for awhile because I'd tolerate JW's in MY HOME that acted like that for about 10 seconds. I mean....come on folks - either way you go; ignore them and be on your "nicest" behavior or, tell them to hit the road, you're never going to be a good person. At this stage of the game do you really care what they think of you? Sorry if I come across as uncaring, I'm certainly not insensative to your situation, it just boggles my mind how for sake of "love" we continue allowing others to abuse us. Abuse is unacceptable from anyone. And don't you forget it. Stand tall and confident...screw those kind of people. Especially when they use spiritual matters as a whip.

Linda...who shakes her head in bewilderment. Love ya, snoozy. hang in there.

• Shakita
    Shakita

golden girl:

It sounds like his Mom and sister are some very insensitive and rude JW's. We all know people like this, JW's or not.

If it were me, I would not tolerate being treated like this in my own home. At the first hint of any of their JW putdowns, I would tell them that they are guests in my home, and it was very nice of them to come and help out but, unless they treat you with the respect you deserve, they should leave!

You are the wife and caretaker now of your husband, and you need help, not insults!

Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(Golden Girl) - you rant away - this is so difficult!

I would suggest you invest in an "intercom" so that you don't actually have to be in the same room as hubby's rude & insensitive family. I would say you have the right to do exactly to them what they have done to you - shun them to the fullest extent possible. You going through everything you are right now should not have to put up with them.

And I agree w/Shakita - she has made excellent points. It is your home, and your husband.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Goldie...may I ask, since you have said he was terminal :*( what the arrangements will be after he is gone? Are the JWs insisting on the whole JW Infomericial talk and the hall thing? Do you have anything to say in any of it?

When my apostate friend's JW husband passed of cancer two years ago, HE wanted an elder to give the talk...but conceded that SHE could have the service in the funeral home and the JWs would have to go there. And they did...but they made a huge huge SCENE. I would hate to have that happen to you :(

• blondie
    blondie

LovesDubs, I think they used the issue of the funeral being held in a funeral home to make a big SCENE. In my area, many JWs have their funerals in funeral homes because they want to have the casket there for viewing. I have never seen that allowed in a KH. If a brother gave the talk, then they were just looking to make trouble, IMO.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit