International Convention in Pontiac, MI

by Jourles 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Just when we all thought the 3 day assemblies were too long, here comes the international conventions which are four days long. The district convention assignment letter from the branch was read tonight informing our congo that we were chosen to attend this years international convention in Pontiac, Michigan, from June 19-22.

So to all you apostate playa's out there in the Motor City, get your rolling billboards ready and stock up on handouts. Give me some flyers beforehand so I can make sure to drop some off in the bathrooms discretely for maximum coverage. Various languages would probably help too!

• larc
    larc

Hi Jourles, I enjoyed the time I spent with you and others at the Michigqan Apostafest last year. Perhaps we could have another one at the Silverdome during the assembly. We could have a tail gate party in the parking lot. That sure would stirr up some contraversy, amongst the believers.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I will be sure to be there with picket sign in hand? LOL I'll probably run into all of my family too! Hiya mom and dad!!!

I really hate the Silverdome too! It has the worst air conditioning.

Everytime I go past it I have all kinds of warm fuzzy memories.

~Aztec

• Jourles
    Jourles

Larc - I had a fun time with all of you too. It would be a hoot to have a 'fest during the assembly. I would have to find a way to sneak off for an evening. Of course, we would need to find someplace smokey and served mass quantities of alcohol - a place where the typical witness would not gather after the convention.

Aztec - I hear ya. The heat in the dome is unbearable. What air-conditioning? Last year, there was no a/c running whatsoever. I made a pledge to my wife that if they were going to have the next assembly at the Dome, we were not going to go. That still may happen, as we are already planning another city this year to go to.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hey Jourles and larc, we should have a huge tailgating party at the dome! That would be too fun! Of course last I heard they were gonna turn it into a huge rollerskating arena. LOL! J, I was joking about the air conditioning. We always got there late and had to sit in the third level. Talk about heat stroke!!!

~Aztec

• larc
    larc

I was only at the dome on one occasion, I lived in Flint at the time, and found out that they were meeting at the dome. I went there and just observed. There were the young chickies walking in pairs, looking for the young boys. There were the young guys walking around wishing they had the nerve to talk to the young lasses. Nothing much has changed on the painful stages of adolescence. Not being one to sit still for very long, I just walked around the place. The speaker was having great joy reading from his manuscript and the scriptures where the blood in the streets would be up to the hieght of a horse's belly. Yes, I do remember what people say. Well, after about thirty minutes of this, I got back in my car and headed back to Flint. I am sure glad that I was not eating a sandwitch during his presentation.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hey larc, sorry if I asked you this before but what part of Flint did you live in? I just moved down to motown a few months ago and lived in Flint for almost 12 years. I can't say I miss it...LOL

~Aztec

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Hee Hee - that's only 1/2 hour from my house - what's we gonna do?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hey pettygrudger! We can go picket the convention and go out for beers afterwards!

~Aztec

• larc
    larc

Aztec,

For most of the time there I lived in Mott Park and its environs, near GMI, now Kettering University where I taught. For most of that time, I lived on Cadillac Street, which is one block east of Chevrolet Avenue. For a brief period I lived in Grand Blanc. I also lived in Grand Blanc, on Manchester Drive on my first visit to Flint back in the late 70's. Aztec, I do agree with you, there is not much about the city of Flint, that I miss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit