No. Congs-1475
    Av. Pions-10268
    Total hrs-17,807,826
    Av.B.Stds-40,923
    Mem.Att.-213558

Edited by - ISP on 2 January 2003 17:33:49

• Simon
    Simon

They are back where they were 10 years ago but now with fewer interested ones and less zeal being shown for the preaching work.

I wonder what they will show in another 10 ?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Not to worry.. Jehovah is just using this current period to "cleanse the organization".

And... note the 9% increase in the number of congregations, surely an evidence of Jehovah's blessing on his organization!!

Finally, as far as the year 2012 (10 years from now), it doesn't matter because ARMAGEDDON will have occurred by then. The only number that will matter at that point is the number of non JW's: zero!

• Scully
    Scully

Average Hours per Month (Publishers & Pioneers)

1992: 16.87

2002: 12.28

Could it be "the love of the greater number has cooled off"???

Love, Scully

• musky
    musky

Its that internet we have nowadays.

• Scully
    Scully

Gopher writes:

And... note the 9% increase in the number of congregations, surely an evidence of Jehovah's blessing on his organization!!

Yes, I noticed that too. Surely the fact that money is pouring in to finance the building of new KHs is evidence that Jehovah is blessing the work! Or, it could mean that the WTS is merely investing the contributions it receives in real estate.

Love, Scully

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

So, just to summarize:

Total hours down by 24%
    Baptisms down by 51%
    Ratio to population down by 6%
    Congregations down by 8%
    Bible studies down by 33%

The numbers are similar in Canada. The really significant one is the baptisms. As long as baptisms stay below 2.5% of total publishers, growth is impossible.

Let's not forget what the numbers don't tell us - the aging demographic. As young people jump ship, the average age of Witnesses increases. This means that eventually the birth rate (their only source of converts, these days) will drop further. Soon, as they will become a geriatric group of old farts, making it even more difficult to attract converts.

If I were in charge of this company, I'd be getting ready to jump out of the window.

• gumby
    gumby

Could it be "the love of the greater number has cooled off"???

Scully scully scully! Don't you remember that changed to mean the "love within the world"? New light baby......new light. ( or has it changed back the other way and I just forgot? )

• larc
    larc

I know the reason for this stagnation. Englishman has better barbies than the JWs do. On a serious note, the number of baptisms is about half of what it was 10 years ago. That does not bode well for them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The number of baptisms and studies is an indicator of future growth... things are looking bad.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 2 January 2003 17:53:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit