Check out this article from a Pakistan newspaper:
17 reasons why US should not invade Iraq
WASHINGTON: The Dallas Peace Centre has come out with 17 reasons why the United States should not invade Iraq.
1. Iraq poses no clear and present danger to other countries, especially the US, as there is no evidence of plans to invade another country or use weapons of mass destruction.
2. Iraq poses less of a threat to the world than at any time in the last decade, according to a 2002 CIA report.
3. An invasion will make it easier, not harder, for Al Qaeda to recruit terrorists, leading to an increase in terrorism in the US and around the world.
4. An invasion gives Hussein a reason to use his full arsenal of weapons against attackers and nearby countries because he would have nothing to lose.
5. No link has been established between Iraq and the Al Qaeda terrorist network.
6. An invasion could inflame a region where international tensions are already high.
7. An unprovoked attack by one country against another is an unnecessary and immoral act that blatantly disrespects national sovereignty and security.
8. The massive civilian casualties likely to occur in an invasion would unite the world against the US in a globally-interrelated age in which isolation is foolish.
9. The hundreds of billions of dollars required for an invasion and long-term occupation of Iraq could push the US economy into a deep recession.
10. Worldwide opposition to an invasion could further damage the US economy because one-quarter of our GNP is tied to international trade.
11. Regime change is not an acceptable reason for an invasion.
12. Experts estimate that Iraq is still three to five years away from developing even a short-range nuclear weapon that would endanger its neighbours.
13. A pre-emptive strike would lend justification to other nations, to attack their perceived enemies.
14. An invasion in defiance of the United Nations would snub the legitimacy of the only world body equipped to mediate international conflicts.
15. A unilateral Iraq invasion and subsequent invasions of other countries now sanctioned by the National Security Strategy of the United States 2002, which permits and even encourages pre-emptive strikes - would colour the US as the new conquering Romans.
16. Polls show that most Americans oppose a unilateral invasion.
17. Wars and acts of terrorism precipitated by an Iraq invasion could last for decades in an endless cycle of hatred and revenge.
I wonder if America could make a list showing 17 reasons to attack Iraq. There's only 3 I could think of:
1. Sadaam is a blood-thirsty maniac.
2. Iraq is part of "the axis of evil."
3. If we don't get him now, he'll get us later.
Just find it interesting what other newspapers are printing in comparison to how the news reads here. Interesting indeed.