What is an apostate, according to Geoffrey Jackson (GB member)

by opusdei1972 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

This is what I found in the transcript related to the date August 14 2015 (Royal Comision of Australia):

18 Q. And if they don't actively disassociate, then they
    19 will be disfellowshipped as apostate?
    20 A. No, an apostate is someone who actively goes against
    21 what the Bible teaches.

This is a half true. Of course, the Bible does not teach that we must obey what seven men in NY publish in The Watchtower. Nevertheless, the GB says:

“Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.” Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock p.94

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Indeed, in many of his answers, Geoffrey Jackson has misled the RC

43 Q. So, for example, if they had become inactive or sought
    44 to fade without formally disassociating, and the elders
    45 came to visit and found them celebrating Christmas or
    46 a birthday, they would be found to be in transgression of
    47 the rules, would they not?

1 A. That is not my understanding. But again, as I said,
    2 it is not my field, that goes into policy with regard to
    3 those type of things, but from my personal experience,
    4 that's not the case.

G. Jackson said that those policies are not of his "field". So, it seems that he is the watchman of Bethel, instead of a GB member.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yeah it's pretty interesting how often he said stuff "wasn't his field"

That may be true. I'm sure some GB members are more familiar things than others. But at the end of the day, the buck stops with the GB, with him.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

He said so many times it is not his field that it makes me wonder ... it there one of the gb members who is calling the shots on doctrinal issues and / or bossing the others?

• suavojr
    suavojr

Regardless, he is guilty by association. It would be nice to interview all of them one after another, during the same investigation.

• Ding
    Ding
    "What the Bible teaches" = "whatever the GB is teaching as truth today..."
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What exactly does Jackson do?? He doesn't write policy, he doesn't seem to double-check the policies that "somebody" wrote and passed off as coming from Jeehoober, even though "somebody" wrote an WT claiming the GB check everything for accuracy. He says speaking for God is presumptuous, but "somebody" is writing Jeehoober's thoughts in the WT!!

Am I really expected to believe that somebody is running around writing whatever they want as far as policy and doctrine??

WTF does Jackson even do?!?! All of the above activities are his sole purpose as a GB/anointed one of Jeehoobidoob!! Perhaps that isn't his field either!!

DD 😡

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Maybe he cleans the windows then 'translates' the invoices..
  • Mikeinkona
    Mikeinkona

Aloha Opusdei. Any chance you can email your comment to Mr. Angus Stewart? Please. It's an outright lie/deception.

Would you trust this guy Jackson with your eternal welfare?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit