NFL Playoffs: Week-By-Week Predictions

by Funchback 65 Replies latest social physical

• Kismet
    Kismet

These are my picks based on the mid-week Roxy Spreads (my picks are in bold):

Favourite Underdog over / under

TENNESSEE 4 Pittsburgh o ver 44 under

PHILADELPHIA 7.5 Atlanta over 38 under

TAMPA BAY 4.5 San Francisco over 39 under

OAKLAND 5.5 N.Y. Jets over 47 under

Now by way of outright wins...

Tennessee over Pittsburgh 24-21

Philly over Atlanta 28-24

Tampa over San Fran 28 -10 (as long as it is Brad Johnson not Rob Johnson QBing)

Oakland/Jets is a toss up, I think it will go into OT and first possession will win by a field goal. I hate em but am going to have to take the Jets 31-28

After week 1 of the playoff pool, I am at 7 out of a possible 9 points (I missed 2 over/under picks).

Edited by - Kismet on 10 January 2003 20:20:8

• Shakita
    Shakita

Eagles crush the Falcons .....49-21. And to any Atlanta fans... you can go and cry home to your mommies after the Eagles win..... you Falcons fan losers.-Shakita's son(crazy Eagles Fan)

singing.....Fly Eagles Fly.....On the road to victory....

I take no responsibility for the above statement.........my son the Eagles fanatic wanted to join in the predictions.....Mrs. Shakita

• Shakita
    Shakita

Eagles Win!!!

Eagles 20

Falcons 6

Coach Reid is NFL's Coach of the Year!

GO EAGLES!

Mrs. Shakita

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!

So far I'm 50-50....but the Buc's are beating the Niners so far...Go Buc's...only because I think they are the ones that will knock off the Eagles!! Tink and I got to go to the Titans Steelers game last night!!!...It was the first play-off game I've ever been to, same with Tink. By the fourth quarter we were FREEZING! We had a Blast though, we went with two other couples and stopped at Hooters for lunch,it's within eye-sight of the Stadium, and then hit a couple tailgate party's of people we knew who were there. Great time! and WE WON!

CC

• Funchback
    Funchback

Breakdown of those bold enough to make predictions.

Well, there were no upsets or big comebacks this week. All of the home teams won. The most exciting game was Pitt @ Tenn. Here's what I learned this weekend. No lead is safe against Pittsburgh. Atlanta's 3-4 defense is better than I thought. Oakland is a well-oiled machine. And SF is way overrated.

Funchback, Big Tex, and Kismet got 3 out of 4 correct this week.

NameWithheld, crownboy, Gopher, breeze, and CC Ryder each got 2 of 4 correct.

Unlike last week, NO ONE got 1 of 4 correct.

Interesting tidbits from those who predicted scores and/or gave reasons why they picked the way they did:

Way Off Department: "Maddox will struggle" and "SF 20, TB 6" (Funchback) / "Jets will win in a close game" and "TB has no offense" (NameWithheld) / "Jets 43, Oakland 38" and "Atl 34, Phi 17" (breeze) / "Jets 31, Oakland 28" and "The Oakland game will go into overtime" (Kismet) / "Jets 35, Oakland 31" and "Atl 24, Phi 17" (CC Ryder)

Right on, Right on (or, close enough) department: "Phi/Atl game will be close until early in the 4th quarter" (Funchback) / "Tennessee will win in a close game" (NameWithheld) / "TB's defense will win it" (Big Tex)

Closest Guesses on Margin of Victory and/or Scores: Kismet, with his 24-21 Tennessee pick (34-31, actual) and his TB 28-10 pick (31-6, actual).

I can't wait to read everyone's predictions for the Conference Finals.

Edited by - Funchback on 12 January 2003 23:10:40

• Funchback
    Funchback

Leaderboard:

(These standings only include those who have made predictions for each game, each week. They do not take into consideration the margin of victories. They are simply based on right and wrong predictions)

The Governing Body Class: Big Tex 6-2 ("I didn't make any false predictions. YOU say I got two wrong. I say that Jehovah will set matters straight!"

The Elder Class: Gopher 5-3 ("Each congregation should have at least 5 elders and 3 Ministerial Servants.")

The Average Publisher Class: Funchback and NameWithheld 4-4 ("We do what we can. No more, no less.")

The New Light Class: Crownboy and CC Ryder 3-5 ("As soon as we get some new light, our record will improve. But, we are NOT false prophets!"

• Gopher
    Gopher

We got this figured out now, right? Always pick the home team. Unless they won't win. Frustrating!

Here are the Gopher nutty picks for the conference finals round:

Oakland over Tennessee okay you want a score? 24-21

Philadelphia over Tampa Bay score: 17-10

Super Bowl pick: Philadelphia over Oakland 24-17 (thought it'd be interesting to throw that in)

Gopher of the wild-ass-guess class

Edited by - Gopher on 13 January 2003 0:13:56

• Seven
    Seven

My picks:

Raiders 34 Titans 24 last meeting 9/29/02 Raiders 52 Titans 25

Eagles 27 Bucs 16 last meeting 10/20/02 Eagles 20 Bucs 10

Super Bowl Raiders 31 Eagles 27

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    Oakland/Jets: Let's take the Jets in a close game.

Tenn/Pitt: Tenn, only because I like them :) Another tight game. Titans have been on a roll lately, winning some tough games. In reality I think Pittsburg will prevail, but I'm still going to put my official prediction on Tenn

SF/Tampa: The niners - Tampa has a good defense, but not invunerable. They have NO offense though. The niners do.

Egales/Atlanta: Eagles. Home field, cold game, Vic is good, but not good enough against a tough Eagles defense. As noted, he's hurting too. And the Eagles have proven they can win no matter who's at QB.

Man. WAY off with the Jets. I guess dubla can put away the Chap P jersey now They looked good until that pesky sencond half came along ...

Tenn/Pitt. What a game. I'm glad Tenn pulled it off, but it could have gone either way!

TB: I guess they found an offense after all. Maybe Brad Johnson is the real deal w/ their offense. They will be hard to stop if they keep playing this well.

Eagle: A close game as expected - but home field was good enough to ensure a victory for the Eagles.

Oh, next week ...

Bucs over Eagles in a close game. If the Bucs play like they did this week, they'll make it to the big game.

Raiders over Tenn. I hate to call that since I'm rooting for Tenn, but I think that Tenn is hurting (injuries) and the Raiders look so very solid right now.

Edited by - NameWithheld on 13 January 2003 10:4:53

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit