Best wishes for 2003

by animal 26 Replies latest jw friends

• animal
    animal

I leave Thursday, back on the road for work. I won"t be around much again and will miss all but the fluffy threads, since they stay on top. I hope to meet up with Viv and her BF, Plum and her hubby(?) Friday in LA. Anyone else is welcome.

Wishing you a Happy New Year is my goal here. If you dont like holidays, or holiday greating, just slowly move your mouse over to the BACK button and move on. Dont dump the negative stuff in here.

I want my friends here to enjoy this thread, with each of them adding thier wish for us all, and themselves, for 2003. No politics, no religion, just a anything from a sentence to a page, being positive about us and yourself. Consider this an excersise, if you will. Personally, I think it will be one for the history books.

What will you do for yourself in 2003, to make your life nicer, better, easier? What is your goal for 2003? What can you do to help someone smile? What will you do to smile?

I will post mine in a few. All of you can do it, if you try.

Animal

• Matty
    Matty

Happy new year Animal! Watch that Viv now, she's one crazy girl!

Me? I think I'm gonna do a lot of stuff in 2003 that will be fantastic and brilliant and wonderful and will have both my mum and dad pulling their hair out of it's roots!!!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Happy New Year to you, Animal, and to all my friends at JWD! What a nice idea for a thread!

What shall I do for myself in 2003 to make my life nicer, better, easier ? Well, I was seriously considering hiring a landscape service rather than arguing with my kids over who will mow the lawn this year. That would make MY life easier, but should I really let the kids off the hook? Chores are character-building, aren't they? To make my life nicer, I'm going to practice biting my tongue. I already practiced on Christmas Eve and was delighted with the results! To make my life better I will keep slogging my way through college (so far, so good, guys! An "A" in every class thus far -- thanks, in part, to this board's support).

I have several near ones and dear ones who are seriously ill. I want to be emotionally supportive and practically helpful as much as I can, and not let my own depression prevent me from being attentive to their needs. So I will surprise my cousin with a visit in February, and keep on enticing Jann to come out and play!

I smile a LOT when I come here. So I will continue to read, even if I find I have less and less time for posting and chatting.

I'll try to remember the wealth I enjoy -- my family, my friends, my puppy dog, and the fact that none of us are in need. In fact, we're lucky enough to be able to share our bounty with two foster children and several charities. That makes me smile, for sure!

Goals? To do well in school, not be such a Messie at home, and to make myself some new friends, perhaps by volunteering. There was a program I read about where women mentored pregnant teens, to teach them life- and parenting skills. I'm on #2 daughter's junior prom planning committee. I'm working on figuring out how best to help my son, who has a chemical imbalance and needs a definite diagnosis and treatment plan. I need to have a mammogram (ouch!) and a mole removed (ouch! again!!!). The dog needs to go to the vet for booster shots. I have to help move #1 daughter back to college (have I bragged yet about her 3.13 GPA? 1st semester of her freshman year at MSU? Avg. freshman drops an entire grade point from high school... my girl dropped .37? ). To cook more dinners. To go on a Southern Caribbean cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary -- maybe with my bro- and sis-in-law, who also celebrate their 25th this year... To make another secret voyage (shhhhh, dana!)...

Ok, now that you all know more about my plans than you ever wanted to .... who's next?

out

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

All the very best to you, Animal, and to each one of you on this board, for the coming year. What do I want to do in the coming year? To laugh more at myself and less at others, keep my mind as open and stress-free as possible, (and as practical,) embrace as fully as I can the grand freedom of just being myself and try not to get in the way of anyone else trying to do the same. Whatever else we all may, or may not, have in common, we are all of the brotherhood of man and each of us has a right to our own little space on this ball, physically and philosophically, so long as we are willling to grant that same right to each of our brothers and sisters.

One more thing: I've got to find more time to ride, while I can still see the handlebars!

Happy 2003 everyone!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I too offer best wishes to all. Hopefully this coming year will put everyone a step further to whatever goals or desires they have.

• animal
    animal

My hopes and goals:

Keep treating people the same as usual.... as they treat me.

Ride my bike more, I worked too much in 2002.

Write my book.

Smile. Most say I dont, altho I really am inside.

Do more projects OFF the computer.

Have a great 2003 everyone!

Animal

• outnfree
    outnfree

Animal,

What book?

• animal
    animal

Dont know, do ya.... hehe

All in good time.

Animal