Survey about Depression & Therapy

by ESTEE 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• MsJam
    MsJam

Wow! I'm so glad I found this thread.

I suffered with depression for years. I got those standard answers that most of you have said(more service,more study...ect) I tried..and of course they didn't work. I finally went against all advice from the elders and went to see a doctor. She was so understanding that to this day I will thank her. She put me in touch with a great therapist. What a wonderful experience. I still battle it from time to time,but nothing like it was before.

BTW I found out through the grapevine that A LOT of JW (mostly women) were on antidepressants. I wonder why? LOL :)

thanks again for the great thread!

JAM

• Nightviper
    Nightviper

I Did all that the JW's said and took the shit year in year out. Told I'm no good, blackmarked so friendship was a joke. I had lost my Father at 12, by 21 with no one to turn to for TRUE help, Depression was a big thing in my life. It got to the stage that I jumped from a cliff face. 40 meters later... 3 weeks flat on my back.... 6 months getting my right arm to move again and a life time scar to proof that Elders are not equipped to handle such matters.

If you are in need of help, get it!! I wish I had.

By the way, I live a happy life with my wife Susan, and no JWs, Depression is something that you can fight and overcome but not on your own. You need the help of friends and/or professional Therapy, but not a PO ok!!

I wish All here a bright future and hope you will all still seek the truth and Jesus. I for one just dont no where to look at the mo......

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Three more newbies to the forum! Welcome FarNorth, MsJam and NightViper! I guess anyone who has been abused in a religion of control is susceptible to depression. Probably something about the feeling of a loss of control over the lives we lived in the dub-dom. Yes, I too believe that depression is controllable and can be overcome - - - if we are supported by a trustworthy network of people - - - which may also include professional help. That is also why I believe this forum is valuable, because it is a venue where people who have been oppressed by an organization of control and fear have a healthy outlet to vent and deal with these issues.

Thank you so, much Simon . . . for this forum!!! You are very much appreciated!!!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit