Just Had My Elder Visit

by Undecided 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I just got through talking to a couple of elders, they both had moved here from other places, one from Fla and one from Wis. I can't remember their names. They said the Society had instructed them to call on all inactive ones.

They were nice to me, but had the same old answers that I used to present. I brought up a lot of things for them to think about, but their minds have been carefully programed so it didn't register. I'm glad they don't have any leverage because of family ties over me. I can say anything I please without fear of any kind of repraisal. They wanted to know if they could come back and talk and I said sure. They asked about studying and I said no real quick.

I need to prepare what I will say next time, I just can't remember the points I want to bring up.

Ken P.

• JH
    JH

Did they ask you if you wanted to go back to the hall, or did they just ask if they could come back? I would have said, "Why do you want to come back, you're already here", so talk.

Edited by - JH on 31 December 2002 13:0:6

• blondie
    blondie

Ken, you have been out for awhile, haven't you. I wonder if they still have your card on file. Do you live in the territory of the congregation you last attended? I wonder how you made their list. I wonder what the real goal of all this is. It is sad that the elders have to get firm direction from the WTS to call on the "sheep." It's all a farce anyway. Without the directive, the elders would not be calling on anyone.

I once told the elders it was hypocritcal to go in "field service" to find new ones when the ones at the hall were leaving faster by the back door, but of course, the elders could not count their time then. Can the elders count their time when they call on inactive ones?

Blondie (who hasn't faded enough to make the list)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmmmmmmmm.... I think I see some new light at the end of the tunnel.... JWs will soon be able to count time with "weak" and "inactive" publishers.

Lends new meaning to Preaching to the Quire.

Sad that the "Shepard" will not tend to the sheep without a directive and incentive.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

some person with recent "eldertude" correct me if I am wrong-- but Elders have been able to count time for this type of thing for a while. (i try to repress this stuff so maybe i am wrong)

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Ken:

Somehow I can't help but think that these visits to inactive ones are an informational gathering of what inactive ones know about the WTBS. I am sure that when they are done with their meeting with you they write up a report of sorts and describe what was done and said by both parties. And, what ever progress is made or not, is reported back to the society in detail. This information then gets analyzed and charted to see how many are "coming back into the fold", and how many are labeled as "goats." That is what the WTBS does best. You might want to ask them if they are doing this, Ken. I think it is an invasion of your privacy if they are.

I can see a future Watchtower dealing with this "inactive ones" campaign. They will elevate themselves again to be such a caring organization searching for lost sheep, when in reality they are trying to find the apostates and shut them up by DAing them. And, the JW's will again fall for it "hook, line and sinker." You know, "they left us because they were not of our sort."

Am I just getting more paranoid, or does anyone else feel as I do?

Mrs. Shakita

• blondie
    blondie

This has been in place since at least 1987

November 1998 Kingdom Ministry page 7 Question Box

Where appropriate, this could include offering the inactive one the benefit of a personal Bible study. Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry, page 103, explains that the Congregation Service Committee would decide who might benefit from such a provision.

A capable and mature sister may be asked to assist an inactive sister. Usually it would not be necessary for another publisher to accompany the assigned conductor.

When assigned, the publisher conducting the study may count the time, the return visits, and the study .

(This is also the procedure when someone is reinstated.)

Blondie

Yes, counting your time is the motivation. As soon as the committee deems the inactive no longer needs the study, the publisher studying with them is "gone with the wind."

• musky
    musky

Blondie, I believe I read in another post that the records are to be kept indefinitely. So, wherever the hall is that last had your records, They will probably be reviewing them.

• blondie
    blondie

Supposed to be kept indefinitely, musky. Some elders in one congregation I know of had moved them out of the publisher records box. The CO had a fit and made them put them back. I was just wondering how they knew he still lived in their congregation's territory or if they had to track him down to another congregation's territory. Part of my work is tracking people down who don't want to be found and I have access to some fairly sophisticated databases. Are the elders using Infospace, etc., to find these ones. What if you are a woman and your name has changed? Are they using your JW relatives to find you?

Why the sudden "Christian" urge to help these ones. Not like the illustrations of the missing sheep and the lost coin in the newest WT!!!! Ah, Hyprocrisy, when we look in the dictionary we find a picture of the WT.

Blondie

• musky
    musky

Blondie, My guess is they intend on being as thorough as they possibly can. Every card probably will be reckoned for. I assume the elders use the latest in technology when finding people. I once asked if I could transfer my own records to my new hall. No was the answer. Another time, I asked to see my records. No was the answer. I probably had a legal right to see them, But I decided not to push it. I wanted to just see what the response was going to be. I was probably labeled a troublemaker right then and there.

btw, Will my credit be alright if I want to go buy a T.V. today?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit