Keep or dump

by Mercedes 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

this post is truly sad, my wife and i often talk with women just like this. they exp complete humilation, embarassment, stepped on alike a doormate, used like a dish rag, spit on and just over all SHAFT FROM A MAN, and despite all of that they still "Wonder" should they stay with this man

i wonder is it due to the way we raise girls, or is it biological, or a combination of the two,

when my wife or i would ask a woman would a ""MAN" put up with that type of treatment almost to the woman they always say O NO A MAN WOULD NOT ACCEPT THAT TYPE OF BEHAVOIR-

yet it never dawns on them as to why they should as a woman accept it

- it was often believed that due to women not having jobs or money and were dependent on a man that if they had thier own cash they could roll up out of there - and while that is true more women who work- got thier own CASH will leave,

yet it is amazing how some who are not tied down with 6 kids, no money, no credit, no where to live

in fact are very well off or at least OK WILL STILL STAY-

I FIND it many times has to do with the Numbers game, women out number men in most cities and towns, so as one lady told my wife and i - A HALF A MAN IS BETTER THAN NO MAN-

THE PROBLEM IS -- that other half ---is the part that beats, humilates and mentally abuses her- how sad.

recently we attended a FORUM on black male and female relationships and it was mentioned that typically on a friday night sometimes as high as 65% of single women will be home alone, and while the accuracy can be argued, i do know from just my own exp in my community at work and frieds of my wife and other women i know, they far out number men looking for companionship-

now if "Worldly" women must contend with this then add on top of that being a JW or former JW woman, the challenge becomes even greater in terms of trying to find a good man, now if a woman just wants someone to scratch her "Coochie" , then of course she can find that - go to any club or bar and you can almost count on that, but if she is looking for a meaning full relationship that is going somewhere beyond the BEDROOM sad to say too many times that presents challenging issues for some women

so as Lady "C" and i read this post it just brought back thoughts of a few of the former jw women we have had over to the house the issues they were facing much like the lady is here-

all i can say is this, he really has not given you alot to work with, while he could turn out to be the best man in the world , sad to say his track record in my view doesn't offer much hope, while folks can change, i will say this

I will bet the farm that if the tables were turned HE WOULD NOT BE ASKING SHOULD I KEEP HER

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Please let me add my voice to the chorus. It would be difficult for me to see how this guy could suddenly change from a "hitter" to a perfect partner. I can't say that never happens but I've never seen it. As was pointed out earlier, you deserve better. Bug

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The moment he hit you and blackened your eyes, he could of also blinded you.Your life is in danger,also, he could get infected and pass it on to you,again ,your life is in danger.Need I say more? Blueblades

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Mercedes,

It's not about your boy friend, it's about you.

Hardly ever can we change people (probably closer to never). Your boy friend is who he is.

Either accept him and love him for who he is and how he acts or leave him.

It's entirely up to you dear. Be clear on how you want your life to be and how you need and deserve to be treated. The path to take is obvious; you need only look within yourself to know.

Love,

JamesT

• Celia
    Celia

He's an abuser, he will continue to abuse you.... That's what they do, hit you, belittle you, then they are nice for a while, then hit you again, then tell you they are sorry and won't do it again, then they hit you again.... Get out of this relationship, fast !

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

GET RID OF HIM! PEOPLE WHO CHEAT DO SO BECAUSE THEY CAN. NEVER EVER EVER TAKE A CHEATER BACK.

RICKI LAKE IS RIGHT WHEN SHE SAYS ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER. GROW SOME CONFIDENCE AND HAND HIM HIS WALKING PAPERS. IF SOMEONE IS CHEATING, THERE IS NO POINT IN HAVING A RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM. IT WILL NEVER EVER BECOME ANYTHING GOOD.

Chevy, of the getting off my soap box now class

• happyout
    happyout

Maya Angelou once said "When a person shows you who they are, believe them". This guy has shown you REPEATEDLY who he is, it's time you believed him.

You deserve much better. An old cliche " I can do bad all by myself" comes to mind, which means better alone than with someone who brings you down.

I know it's hard, but learn from your experience and love yourself enough to move on.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Mercedes, toss him. Life is too short, and leopards never change the color of their spots. So he has been wonderful and senstive to you for the past six months. It will not last.

I was married to a guy like that (notice the "was") 30 years ago. He cheated on me and beat me up badly, then he would become the sweetest person who promised me he would never do it again - yeah right, the cheating and the beating would start all over again. You do not hit somebody that you love. Also your trust is gone, you have nothing left.

I thought I could never leave my ex either, but I did, and made a new very happy life for myself and have a wonderful 2nd husband.

Get rid of him before he destroys or kills you. Life is too short.

• Buster
    Buster

The answer is obvious.

But once you are rid of him you will need to find out why you tolerated this guy. That is the issue at the core.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mercedes, do you live in Port Arthur?

I used to attend a congregation there before leaving the organization and I knew someone named Mercedes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit