" --is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

by prologos 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

I am too old understand the RC exchanges, but I can think of this scenario:

A brother writes a letter that he can not continue support the organisation, congregation because of the spasm between new and old light*, will stop service.* within a short time a brother is found to be a serial child rapist and because of the publicity,- disfellowshipped . announcements from the platform:

" is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Br. Jackson: : "read my lips"

• sir82
    sir82
    I'm having a hard time figuring that out. Rephrase it maybe?
  • prologos
    prologos

82, Sir, The generic announcement " Is no longer a Jehovah's Witness" paints all disfellowshipped ones in the worst colour, worst light possible.

Notoriety of a transgression is a factor for such announcements, but If, according to Jackson's last word it is ok to disagree with new or old light,

How dare they lump the innocents with the "guilty" together that way?

• jhine
    jhine

I see your point now Prologos , I was confused at first as well , but yes you are right . It is left up to the imagination of the congregation to figure out why someone is " no longer a member of Jehovah's Witnesses " and people will tend to think the worst . So everyone is thought to be guilty .

Jan

• prologos
    prologos

jh So everyone is thought to be guilty . [ of the worst]

you could have been disfellowshipped for the 'thought crime' of disagreeing with a doctrine, but

according to Jackson yesterday, that must have been wrong.

• jhine
    jhine

You really have to wonder what JWs would ( or hopefully ARE ) make of all this back pedalling .

Jan

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Lumping everybody together is convenient. My wife and I just DA'd and are waiting for notification of our announcement. Maybe if the two of us go out together people may realize it was our choice, who knows. A few do know for sure, as we wrote goodbye letters to family.
  • prologos
    prologos
    • dubstepped we wrote goodbye letters to family.
      sad, but it proves GJ wrong for a person thinking , disagreeing with GB ideas is shunned cut off, lumped with all.the consequence of not having these proceedings open, as the scriptures demand.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Dubstepped A few do know for sure, as we wrote goodbye letters to family.

That sentance, right there, speaks volumes about the so-called christian org that forced you to wright it. Goodbye??Goodbye!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Oh yeah, fading was preferable but we didn't want to play their game. It takes to much mental and emotional energy to keep up appearances for people that are poised to hit you with the shun gun at first chance. I'll post my whole story soon. Just trying to get the whole ordeal done for now. Elders aren't sure they have our DA letters that were sent almost two weeks ago. Who knows who gets the mail or what they do with it, lol. Such a clusterf@#k, the whole thing. There is no such thing as "live and let live" in the Borg. You will be assimilated or you will eventually be forced out organizationally or by family and friends one at a time as you fade. Not many people that I've seen can walk away without losing almost everything and everyone they had in the religion. All or nothing is the name of the game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit