A hard question to answer?????????

by Jesika 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

Well I had to wait and see all my options, cause when I try to think of something I see not much.

I like bikerchics (Yeah thats me) but Priscas is more realistic. Except for 3,4 & 9. I could be a good cook but hubbies favorite meal is Hamburgers & pork and beans. No spices, no nothin so its no fun to cook for him. I get real nervous with alot of noise, so I'm great with kids in small doses. Math? numbers just don't stick in my head. I know one phone #, Mine and thats only because I've had the same one for 16 years.

I also have been told I am honest to a fault but I don't think it was a compliment.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Hmmmn... what Do I like about myself. I find that some of my best qualities cause me problems from time to time.

1 Honesty- Yes, I am honest. I do not intentionally mislead people fo my advantage. However I try not to be "brutally Honest" when dealing with people based on my opinions of them . I will call an ugly woman "handsome" , if pressed, for example.

2 Moral- Yes, I am a Moral Person."Morals" as a catagory paints the canvas with a broad brush. For me it means not "using" people to my advantage.

3. I see all sides of an argument or issue. I may not agree with you or follow you but I have a real talent to "see" both sides of an argument. However, after investigation, when my mind is made up it takes a lot to move my position.

4 Humility- Not the kind of "humility" the Society expects. Many people confuse "humility" with "pushover". If I am wrong reason with me. Humility guides my personal style, example: I rarely have to "tell" anyone to do anything (even folks I have authority over). Ask first, try to empower the other guy and build concensus is a mark of Humility.

5 Firmness- after it's all said and done- I am firm. To me Firmness is allowed as long as 1-4 have been used to get to that point. I do reserve the right to have expectations of those around me. and If those folks push the bounds or dont honor those expectations I will ask them to change or leave.

The first 5 don't give me many problems.

6 Uncanny knack for sizing up people of situations- I really like this about my self. I usually have a neutral or better opinion obout most folks or proposals. Some people set off big red flags with me- and as much as I hate to be judgemental I have been 99% right in following my gut about these folks. The up side is I am real hard to "con" the down side is I struggle hoping I dont screen things to fast sometimes. I can process a lot of information on my feet and come to conclusions and solutions. Works great for me at work- but sometimes in other venues I have to really shut up and let others catch up. I'm not a brainiac but I see details and the big picture equally well and I observe things others miss- sometimes that makes me "look" smart and puts people off.

7 I dont get excited - This is one I really like about me- but I causes problems from time to time. The bigger the crisis the calmer I get. Especially if the situation is one I am "detached" from. Car wrecks, downed and broken Power Lines, water in the basement-no problem: Let's Roll and fix it. Not perfect though- kids or close personal situations take me a long time to get my mind around. I get pretty hyper when it's people I care about.

The down side to this is I just dont show a lot of emotion about many things. "lets go do this or that"- "sure". I am happy to do it but I just am not a "cheerleader". I am very happy watching others be happy. I don't need a lot of stimulation to feel alive. I come off as "boring" to alot of people.

8 Loyal- yep, but screw me once shame on me, twice shame on you. I don't confuse "loyalty" with doormat. Sometimes making the had choice about someone is the loyalist thing to do.

9 Fair- I am fair and don't like folks who are not. This one gets me in trouble from time to time - Even though I size up quickly, if a person gets in my circle and we have friction I will listen and work and reason with them. But I have found that many people out there can't have a fair discussion about many things. I don't like it, but I wish I was better at a little "pre emptive emotional blackmail" some times. I observe others who use it sucessfully in situations. I have to ask is that a bad thing?

10 Loving-- a broad word. I love mankind and the people close to me. 1-9 tend to upset many people I love. I hope that my ability to love always grows.

Well I sure aint perfect. And I don't try to be. I am a Human trying to accept Christ's Sacrifices for my sins. But most important I think everyone else needs the space to reconcile there life's through their belief system.

HB (of the 1-10 list made me a real "bad" JW class)

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Hmmm...

1. I'm good w/ kids

2. I'm good w/ people in general

3. I play pretty good saxophone

4. I love wholeheartedly

5. I'm quite flexible(in more ways than one!)

6. I am a fairly good ballet and tap dancer(10 years of lessons!!!)

7. I am honest(almost to a fault)

8. I'm loyal

9. I am VERY good at talking...lol

Things I DON'T like:

1. my nappy, nappy hair can't do a thing with it. sigh...

• troucul
    troucul

I DO something, rather than TALK about it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit