Jesus Is God (John 1:1)

by JesusISJehovah 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

To me, we can argue the semantics of translations and rip verses apart all we want. Various translations use different wording and depending on our own preconceived notions, we will see what we want to see.

However, there are a couple that are worded exactly the same in all translations and to me, disporve any thought of Jesus' equality with God or being part of a trinity.

John 17:3. And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent. (RSV)

If Jesus himself calls the Father the only true God, why is that so hard to accept?

1 Corinthians 15:27. "For God has put all things in subjection under his feet." But when it says, "All things are put in subjection under him," it is plain that he is excepted who put all things under him.
    28. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things under him, that God may be everything to every one. (RSV)

Jesus cannot be equal if he too will be subjected to God and hands all things over to God.

There are quite a few others, but these two alone show me that Jesus cannot be equal or part of triune godhead, especially Jesus' own words.

Lew W

• Roddy
    Roddy

DakotaRed, it doesn't get any simplier!

• reporter
    reporter
    and how can Jesus sit at the "right hand side" of God? Can you sit at the right hand side of yourself? I've tried.....and you can't.

Unless you can clone yourself twice then you can thrice be yourself and beside yourself at the left and at the right side of you yourself and I at the same time....but then we need the extra-spiritual-terrestrial divine mind of Rael to interpret this for us and I'mNOT going to go there...

Since many people, anonymous and not, write Bibles these days, here's the RSV (reporter's simplified version) of John 1:1

"In the beginning, the divine message was, and the divine message was the very essence of God, and the divine messenger carried out and fully represented the duly divine message to the people."

Carmel's is good, too!

Thanks, Dakota.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

ScoobySnax, I have to agree with you on your answer. If Jesus was God then why would he pray to himself and sit at the right hand of God. If I were a God why would I sit on the right or the left and not on the throne appointed for me. The one in the middle!!!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hello and Welcome to the Board UnBaptized!

You said:

If Jesus was God then why would he pray to himself and sit at the right hand of God. If I were a God why would I sit on the right or the left and not on the throne appointed for me. The one in the middle!!!

I just wanted to say that most people who believe that Jesus Christ is God (I am one of them) do not believe that Jesus is the Father (I think that only the "Oneness Pentecostal" Church believes that Jesus is the Father).

Below are my personal beliefs, based on what I have read in the Scriptures, however, you should never ever believe what I say about the Scriptures, unless you closely examine the Scriptures, and make sure what is true, just like the Noble-Minded Beroeans:

I believe that Jesus Christ is God, but not the Father, so Jesus was praying to the Father, not to Himself.

Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, not Himself.

A husband is "the head" of the wife, but the husband does not have a better nature or essence than the wife, does he?

A husband is "greater" (in position) than his wife, but he is not "better" than his wife (in nature as a Human) is he?

I believe that the Father is "The Head" (in Position) of Jesus Christ (because Jesus willingly submits to the Father's Final Decision), but that Jesus Christ is Equal to the Father in His Nature and Essence.

Jesus Christ is my God (See John 20:28, John 1:1, Hebrews 1:8, Romans 9:5, Isaiah 9:6, Titus 2:13, 2nd Peter 1:1, Jude 1:4)

Jesus Christ is the Creator (See John 1:3, Hebrews 1:10, Colossians 1:16-17)

I pray to Jesus Christ (See 2nd Corinthians 12:8-10, Acts 7:59-60, 1st Corinthians 1:2)

I worship Jesus Christ (See Hebrews 1:6, Revelation 5:9-14)

Also, take a close look at Hebrews 1:10 -- The Apostle Paul quoted an Old Testament Scripture and applied it directly to Jesus -- which Old Testament Scriptures did Paul quote and apply to Jesus?

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 13 January 2003 2:1:44

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

UnDF'ed:
    Amen - preach it brother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit