Blessings for Loyalty

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Cicatrix

That is sooooo true. I guess it all depends on who you are in the congregation. If you were liked, then they would say that you were experiencing persecution, and if you were not well seen in the congregation, then they would scold you and say" you aren't doing enough for Jah", that's why.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

No blessings here, but I have it on good authority that God is going to curse me.

Actually, within the past week (gotta love Christmas), my wife and I have been told by both of our mothers that something bad is going to happen to us - we have recently told them both that the Society is full of shit.

And they claim they're not superstitious.

Edited by - RunningMan on 30 December 2002 14:26:31

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Roddy is quite right in that was exactly what was constantly told to us. . I never bought that attitude of mind - a bit of a cynic guess, even then or perhaps I could see through it.

There were plenty who saw the hand of God or Satan in everything.

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Once I was feeling rather low spiritually and felt that Jehovah was "distant" from me. Something happened that snapped me out of it and I began praying fervently for Jah to forgive me (although I really hadn't done anything... just didn't feel that enthusiastic about the meetings, door to door ect.).

One day an elder (who I had confided in) and I were going door to door and I met a couple who were interested in studying. I was elated. I asked the elder if this was evidence of His favor and he affirmed that it appeared to be so. I took it that way also.

My guess is that if you go out door to door enough (and I did) that the odds were for your coming across someone to study with... eventually! BTW, this couple did end up coming to the meetings (for a while), but when I left the organization I visited them and told them what had happened and why I left.

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit