E-watchman site opinions.

by Monster 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Monster
    Monster

Good Morning everyone, (it's 4am here)

I see the e-watchman site is advertised here, so have any of you read from it? if so what's your opinions of it?.

I find it interesting but, I have to admit because of my lack of bibical knowledge and of jw history I don't understand some of his points. I still find it to be good reading.

Peace Everyone James

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

every essay starts out like your reading the watchtower....very offputting.

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

I wonder, why is e-watchman advertised on the biggest apostate forum?

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

I went there but the writing was too watchtowerish. Also, it seemed pretty sexist. I just don't need that garbage.

~Witch

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

I read through a few of the essays. The bottom line (I think) is that the author feels that JW's are the true religion, but that the WT Society is corrupt.

Seems kind of mixed up to me. How can you be a JW without the WT????

Stan

• Monster
    Monster
    The bottom line (I think) is that the author feels that JW's are the true religion, but that the WT Society is corrupt.

Yes I noticed that, I wonder if there's more than one person who's writting , if more than one ,who are they?

I'm also thinking, how many jws believe what's written there. hmmmm

It's good reading and I love to read.

Thanks for your comments

Peace James

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

I have visited this site and have read through a bit of it. It is interesting to me since this person does appear to believe that the organization is Jehovah's, but that like ancient Israel they are in a period of apostasy, which Jehovah will discipline them for. I can understand why it might be easy to believe this, since it would explain the corrupt things many people see going on in the organization, yet not disprove that it is still Jah's organization. The application of the various scriptures that the Watchtower applied to apostate Christendom, are very interesting when you apply them to the Watchtower.

This person appears to indicate that if you are still in the organization you should not verbalize your concerns about things that are wrong as this would cause divisions in the organization (and this person quotes the Scriptures that appear to "prove" that perspective). It appears that this person teaches that JWs should be patient and wait on Jah to correct the problems.

My question is this: what gives this person the authority to question things about the Watchtower and even post these concerns in this website? They argue that most JWs that have been on the internet are aware of the concerns they pose, so their discussing these things is not really anything "new". And yet the essays contain "new" information and interpretations. And this is bound to cause some people to question the Watchtower and leave the organization. If this person actually set up an "organization" that claimed to be faithful to Jah, I would imagine that there would be some JWs that would become part of it.

From some of the answers to questions asked by visitor's to the website this person claims to be of the anointed and that we shouldn't be surprised if Jah raises up a watchman. Why then, isn't it possible that all the individuals who have left the organization are "watchmen", by pointing out the errors of the Watchtower and calling it to account?

I have also wondered why there is "advertising" on this site by E-Watchman, but perhaps they pay for it and it helps keep this forum running. Also, there are many questioning JWs who are probably lurking that read stuff on this website and it appears to make sense.

Anyone want to discuss this further?

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• AlanF
    AlanF

I have a sneaking suspicion that this "Watchman" is none other than our beloved You Know.

AlanF

• Masterji
    Masterji

Alan,

Your "sneaking suspicion" is accurate.

M

• Monster
    Monster

The only way I can think of to find out if this is indeed the man "youknow" is to compare the essays from this site with that site. And if it's him, he's determined to get his point across . You know :)

Peace James.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit