360 Furman up for sale

by Patriot 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

I'm tryting to get a hold of my sister. They also visited the WT "educational facility" in Patterson and found it almost empty compared to how it use to be swarming with workers and visitors.

Most of the tour was directed to just walking up and down the hallways opening one or 2 doors and saying something about what goes on in there but without actually letting anyone in.

I mentioned several months ago of how my good freind who at the time was the P.O. of his Congo. took his visiting relatives to the Bethel complex in Brooklyn. When they came up on a door marked I.T. , one of my friends Bro-in-laws who is an elder asked the tour guide if they could see what goes on there, to which the group was told that they could not because that section deals with "sensative information".

Everyone was astonished so the guide went into the room and opened one of the Blinds up a little so that the group can take a peek through the glass.

Needless to say everyone walked away with questions as to why the WT would keep "sensative information" that their own "brothers" can't see.

Mav.-

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

"sensative information". = JWD discussion board.

I have a mental image of Fred Hall furiously pecking away at his keyboard in the good old I.T. dept

• Farkel
    Farkel

zev,

: walkill and patterson are both in upstate NY

Patterson is in New Jersey.

Farkel

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Farkel,

Zev is right. The Watchtower Patterson complex is in New York state. There is a Pattersen, (sp?) New Jersey but that is not where the JW complex is located.

IW

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

The Furman property is at one end of an extensive city plan for multi-use development including parks, much as has been accomplished to some extent in cities like Buffalo and Cincinnati. Also, all around the all-but-empty 'factory' complex, developers have been converting those large buildings into condos with shops, bars, and restaurants at the street level. It's really getting to be a trendy, up-and-coming area.

The Witchtower Babel & Trick Society is finally cashing in her chips!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Does anyone remember when the Society grovelled for money to buy the Squibb buildings?

I can recall a service meeting (around 1969?) with my father conducting the part. He showed pictures of the society's proposed expansion, and numbers were tossed around. A very solomn prayer was offered, and then the holy pledge forms were passed. I believe it was suggested that every household under creation should pledge a certain amount.

I wonder if they will be paying dividends out of the profit?

ps: One more post to Jedi!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Farkel,

Zev is right. The Watchtower Patterson complex is in New York state. There is a Pattersen, (sp?) New Jersey but that is not where the JW complex is located.

Correct. Patterson, NJ is DEFINITELY no place for the JWs, haha.I close my eyes when I drive by the place. No offence to anyone that might live there :) I'm in Wallkill regularly. I used to live right near the Farm in Pine Bush (UFO country). You know it amazes me that no-one knows they're there. The way they're tucked away back there, the general public doesn't even know they exist. It's funny. My wife grew up maybe 20 minutes from the farm and had no idea until she met me and had to hear me babble on and on about them. Anyway, from what I hear that's where everything is headed Wallkill and Patterson. As a matter of fact I believe the congregations were informed of this, at least in part.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I am very curious as to whether there is any truth to these rumors. I just sent an email enquiring about it to one of the city council members. I'll post any response I get from them.

• metatron
    metatron

The Society's letter said that Brooklyn would continue as the headquarters but the printing,
    binding and shipping was all being moved.

metatron

• borgfree
    borgfree

I haven't been to Wallkill or Patterson, but, I would guess they can keep those pesty demonstrators a lot further from the buildings there, than is possible at Brooklyn.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit