360 Furman up for sale

by Patriot 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

How you guys doing?

Sorry if this was discussed already but I havent been around lately.

My sis and bro in law had some of their witness family fly in and visit them last week. They decided that they wanted to visit Bethel here in NYC. (They went just this past Friday)

To their astonishement, they found the factories (or printery as they are now calling it) 3/4 empty. All the conveyor belts have been removed and there were hardly no personnel.

As if that wasnt enough shock for them, when they tried to visit 360 Furman which is the shipping "Central", they were told that the building was almost empty and that the property was up for sale.

The reason was that it was no longer feasable for the Society to ship to other countries being that most already had their own factories.

They were pretty disappointed not to find the "busy brothers" at work like you see on the WT videotape.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll sell all their property in Brooklyn!

Mav.-

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

hummmm...interesting. didnt hear of this b4 thanx.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Interesting report, Patriot. Please keep us posted as to new developments.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

From what I'm told, most of the properties will be sold in Brooklyn. They're moving just about everything, including their writing department, up to Wallkill. That's the story, from what I hear. The amount of money they'll save is incredible, not to mention they can't expand anymore in Brooklyn. The city won't permit them to grow any further. That property is prime NYC waterfront, and the city is missing out on a ton of tax money, and to allow them to expand would mean losing even more revenue. I imagine they'll move out all together in the near future, that'd be my guess.

• david_10
    david_10

Someone posted here a few days ago that the Stanley Theater has also been sold, to the tune of 35 million dollars. I tried to find something to confirm that, but I couldn't find anything. Anyone know if that's true or not?

David

• qwerty
    qwerty

David

My wife as just informed me that she had heard this from the KH about Stanley.

She never keeps me up to date on anything!

qwerty

• Prisca
    Prisca
    the Stanley Theater has also been sold, to the tune of 35 million dollars.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

VERY interesting information here. Thanks for the update Patriot and all. Clearly there's been a change in Borg thinking on Brooklyn. Has the "light" shone brighter there lately??

Could a simple downunder guy ask a question geographically speaking? About Walkill, what's it's relationship to the Patterson complex? How far? etc

Cheers, Ozzie

• zev
    zev

oz...

walkill and patterson are both in upstate NY, and if memory serves...
    about a 50 mile drive from each other.

• david_10
    david_10

Prisca---- Don't quote me.......I'm trying to find out if it's true. But it blows me away, too. Qwerty, do you think your wife got ahold of some reliable information? Wouldn't that be something? I thought the Stanley was the pride of their fleet, $1,000,000 chandelier and all. Ask around, Everyone-----this is very interesting.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit