JWs in Movies/TV

by Tyler_Durden 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

The movie ...Show Time ...I believe its called with Eddy Muryphy and Robert Deniro. Eddy is at Roberts door with some lady and Robert does'nt really like Eddy and is talking to him through the door. Eddy says " Stop treating us like Jehovah's witnesses and invite us in"

It's a pretty funny movie through out ...i highly recommend it.

• 4christ
    4christ

In the book "The Handmaids Tale", there is a reference. I am not sure if its in the movie too, its been a long time since ive seen it, but i remember at least in the book, the main character is looking at an unfortunate soul who is hanging lifeless from a tree, tagged with a sign "Jehovahs Witness". In the world of the story, most of the women are infertile and the country is taken over by strict fundamentalists who force all the fertile women to be "handmaidens" for the rich people to have children. Anyone who doesnt agree with thier policies gets it like the guy on the tree. Weird interesting story.......

peace-Lauren

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Another X-files episode, some nut job has a tatoo that talks to him. Two people ring the doorbell, a middle-aged white lady and a little black kid. They identify them selves...I can't remember exactly what happened next. But anyway, his talking tatttoo, a girl, said to him. "See what a loser you are, even Jehovah's Witnesses won't talk to you!"

Free

• Gopher
    Gopher

Rodney Dangerfield once joked,

"I can't get any respect!! Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door, and told me THEY weren't interested!!"

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

In a Spanish movie called Women On The Edge Of A Nervous Breakdown (or something like that), the main character asks her building superintendent to say she isn't there if another character calls.

The superintendent says "oh no I can't do that, I'm a Jehovah's Witness, we have to tell the truth. That's the bad thing about our religion, we can't lie even if we want to."

Then she goes back inside her apartment singing "I love the sound of trumpets on Judgement Day."

Expatbrit

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

A little off subject but my alltime favorite is Life of Brian "JehovahJehovahJehovah"

Or a blurb form my favorite hottie Johnny Carson 'Today in Califonia a 6.5 earthquake strong enought to know a witness off your front porch"!!!!!

Edited by - SHeilaM on 29 December 2002 0:1:42

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand?! Honestly!
    Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
    Brian: What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
    Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!
    Brian: Now, fuck off!
    [Silence.]
    Arthur: How shall we fuck off, O Lord?

LOL, damn good movie.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I posted this a couple of months ago, but I'll repost it here:

WARNING: This post contains adult language

During last night's showing of the second episode of the fourth season of THE SOPRANOS, Jehovah's Witnesses were mentioned in a favorable way.

Let me set up the scene:

Tony Soprano's crew has been "working" a construction site, and large quantities of expensive building mateials are being stolen. As the scene opens, Tony is golfing with his friend Artie Bucco when a fellow driving a golf cart pulls up and calls Tony's name, interrupting Artie's concentration on the putt...

TONY: "Oh, this boring cocksucker! Jehovah's Witnesses are more interesting!"

So there you have it - Jehovah's Witnesses compared favorably against boring cocksuckers. How nice for them that they continue to enjoy positive coverage in the popular media!

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 29 December 2002 0:41:56

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

For the life of me, I can't remember which movie of his I saw it in, but it was a Van Dam movie. I thought it was Time Cop but I have that movie and it isn't in there.

Anway, what happens is. Someone is at the door, and when he opens it the wife or girl friend asks who it is.....he says......it's not Jehovahs Witnesses.

• Mum
    Mum

There was another X-files episode in which there was a young man who heard a voice (Jodie Foster's voice, as a matter of fact). This young man responded to a knock on his door, and there were 2 JW's standing there. The young man scared the JW's and they beat a hasty retreat with anxious looks on their faces, when "the voice" says something like, "Loser! Even Jehovah (sic) Witnesses won't talk to you.

There was an episode of The Simpsons about Marge's feelings of isolation. She tells Homer that she had been talking to some JW's that day but that they sneaked out when she went to the kitchen to get more lemonade.

There was a movie in the early '60's where two people are in a NY apartment and the doorbell rings. One of the characters wonders if it could be JW's. The other character says that it is not because they only come on Saturdays. The move might have been "The Apartment."

This is fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit