JWs in Movies/TV

by Tyler_Durden 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyler_Durden
    Tyler_Durden

just watched an episode of 80s sitcom 'Married with Children', Al & Peggy get mixed up with a gay couple, fairly funny stuff! anyhoo...

there's a neat scene were Al, answering his front door, says to himself 'I hope it's a JW cuz I feel like a nice deep chat' (or something like that) & he picks up a baseball bat as he opens the door!! the studio audience go wild but alas, it's not a dub

like I said, fairly funny stuff, but it got me thinking: what other tv shows/movies feature scenes with (or ref to) JWs??? the list must be huge...

Tyler

• Scully
    Scully

There's a scene in The Coneheads movie where CIA or FBI agents pose as JWs to get info on the Conehead family. Quite funny!!

Then there's the scene in Throw Momma From the Train (Danny DeVito and Billy Crystal) where Danny DeVito's character finds Billy Crystal's character dangling on the ledge outside the window, hanging on for dear life. DeVito says "What are you doing out here??" Billy Crystal says "I'm selling The Watchtower, what does it look like I'm doing??"

An episode of The X-Files where Scully and Mulder go up to the door of a house and find the doorbell ripped out. Mulder says "Frustrated Jehovah's Witness?"

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 28 December 2002 20:14:55

• Beans
    Beans

Scully, I wonder if those were paid Watchtower incerts or did the demonds insert them in light of Apostacy!

Beans

• Scully
    Scully

Beans:

I wonder if those were paid Watchtower incerts or did the demonds insert them in light of Apostacy!

Beans, honey, you know the WTS would never PAY for ANYTHING!!

Love, Scully

• Tyler_Durden
    Tyler_Durden
    An episode of The X-Files where Scully and Mulder go up to the door of a house and find the doorbell ripped out. Mulder says "Frustrated Jehovah's Witness?"

fabby stuff, I'd forgotten about this episode, thanks Scully

Tyler

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Old TV show called Perfect Strangers. Used to be on TGIF like 10 years ago had an episode where Balki was a witness to someting and was called to testify at court. His cousin Larry was trying to get him to shut up but Balki stood up and yelled out that he was a witness. Larry quickly got up and screamed to the judge, "he means he is a Jehovah's Witness".

• Beans
    Beans

Yes Scully good point! I think they only pay for Lawyers now or are they on a Subscription plan???

• Ed
    Ed
    what other tv shows/movies feature scenes with (or ref to) JWs???

My favourite is an episode of The Simpsons where a couple of JWs approach the door and one of of them is just about to ring the doorbell, when the other one says: "Wait, Marvin, I just had a thought. Maybe we're bothering people by trying to change their religion. What if we don't have all the answers?" He replies "You're right, Noreen. Let's go get real jobs." and they throw their books and bags to the ground and walk off.

• Scully
    Scully

Beans:

I think they only pay for Lawyers now or are they on a Subscription plan???

Actually, when a JW/Bethelite is sponsored by the WTS to go to Law School, there's a kind of agreement that the lawyer (once he's passed the bar of course) will do pro bono (FREEBIE) work for the WTS for a certain amount of time. I used to know the lawyer who worked on the "Shunned Father" case, and he would go to Georgetown several times a year to "help them with a case", he had a regular job at the time too. It's a "We'll scratch your ass if you scratch ours" deal. However the lawyer doesn't realize where the WTS's ass has been. LOL

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 28 December 2002 20:44:25

• radicalthoughts
    radicalthoughts

~~~ i remember the movie 'perfect world'....and that great Saturday Night Live thingy about the ''Land Shark""~~the shark would trick people into opening the door to eat them...this one lady was ready with a big hammer thing and when some guy said JW's at the door she went to bust the shark but instead hit this guy ( garret morris i think) and the WT and AW went flyin'all over.....Happy Holidays too all...~~~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit