Question for fade-aways.

by bay64me 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Number 6,

You took the words right out of my mouth!! Even your comments about parents and grandchildren fit my situation exactly. I don't intend to even acknowledge their (elders) attempts to reach me, but if, somehow they get through and confront me, I'm just going to stare at them, and not answer any questions. What they do with that is up to them. I don't care, it's got nothing to do with me, anymore so than if it was a Catholic priest or a Mormon at my door. What has that got to do with me? To worry about it, IMHO, means that somewhere deep inside, you still acknowledge some WT authority.

Stan

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I personally told them if they came to my door I would call the police, I thought I was bluffing but now I am tempted to my hubbies says he wants to talk to them oooooooooooh those poor guys he is one angry dude about this whole mess

• madison149
    madison149

***The Elders school last summer made it crystal clear that no matter how long one has been inactive, that person is still under "God's" (translation: "Watchtower") laws. This is a complete turnabout from the Flock book in which elders could consider how long a person has been inactive before they DA'd.

Are you for real!!!? I thought if you'd drifted away and hadn't attended meetings for several years, you could pretty much do what you wanted with no repercussions. So that's changed? I know quite a few people that are living however they want, for example--a former MS with a live-in girlfriend, but he hasn't attended meetings in so long that nobody does anything about it. So are they going to go after him?

• Aztec
    Aztec

I moved away and now I'm hiding.

My dad has been pressuring my sisters and myself to go to meetings alot lately so I don't know what they are planning. He probably tipped off the local congregation as to our whereabouts but as I am the only one of my siblings to get baptised I am under the most pressure. Oh well, they can d/f me if they want! I don't think my family will shun me either way because they want to see their grandson and they won't be able to if I am d/f'd. I think they are just afraid I won't make it to "paradise" with them! LMFAO!

~Aztec

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

At my current Hall (I have a child who wishes to remain JW and so I attend with )

These Elders are mostly ok. They gave an announcment stating that if a person has not been attending this person has by thier actions disassociated themselves . They went on further to say that thier would be NO ANNOUNCMENTS of any dissassiciations of such ones.

I think this is 1 because they all have relitives who have gone inactive and 2 because some of these elders realy do fear Jehovah. They got up on a local needs talk once because alot were complaning they din't diss someone and they said it was better to error on the side of mercy.

Thing is we have been assigned some new elders. When I say assigned I mean these guys live OUTSIDE our territory and were elders in thier old Halls. Now all of a sudden they are in ours and elders right away.

Some of us find this strange as we did not need anymore elders. It feels like our old elders shoulders are being looked over.

I let my children know that if they were to be baptised in "The Name Of The Father And The Son, And Jehovah's Holy Spirit Annionted Organization" that I wouldn't allow it.They agreed Are those the words they use now? This is what I have heard. If that is what they say....where can I find that in writing?

hmmmm, ty for listening

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

For everyone....

• Aztec
    Aztec

AWWWW UR! You are a sweetie and I hate to see you go through this......really I do...stay strong okay?

For you

~Aztec

Edited by - Aztec on 29 December 2002 5:30:18

• rebel
    rebel

I had 2 elders and an MS call last night - is that usual? THREE!!!! They were very pleasant and did ring me beforehand. They said they had noticed that I am missing many meetings and is it because of ...........I can't say who it is in case someone who knows her is on this board. Basically, someone I love very much has been treated like dirt for no reason other than two elders dislike her. This happened in another congregation but, in my usual way, I stuck my nose in. She is family and the elders that hurt her are not going to get away with it.

Going back to last night, Elder 1 said I should leave things in Jehovah's hands and these people will be dealt with - in other words, he agreed that an injustice had taken place. I said that was not good enough - the only way something will get done is if people like me, with big mouths, make a fuss and get the CO involved. He said I was speaking out of turn and was questioning Jehovah!!! By this time I was annoyed and said I was NOT questioning Jehovah, I was questioning imperfect men.

Elder 2 now opened his mealy mouth. He said I had been such a good example to the congregation (vomit...all lies....just trying to get round me) and now I was turning my back on Jehovah because of one little incident. I replied again that I was NOT turning my back on Jehovah and it was NOT a little incident. The elders in the other congregation had sullied a person's name, cut her off from all her friends, and even they had to agree that it was unjust. I said I did not view her as disfellowshipped because the whole thing was a farce. He said I should be patient and wait on Jehovah blah blah blah........He then gave quite a few examples of people waiting on Jehovah. One was Daniel in the lion's den - I couldn't quite see the connection. Anyway, to cut a long, boring story short, It was like a game of tennis - they said one thing, I said another, they retaliated, so did I etc etc. It ended quite amicably with them saying they hope (in other words expect) to see me at the KH. I have to be a bit careful because I have family who are JWs and I don't want to be cut off from them or have them put under pressure so I will go to the meeting today. I still intend to fade away gradually - I don't know how easy that will be.

Funny - when they left I felt so miserable - are these visits supposed to build you up?

xxR

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I'm sorry, this thread has my blood boiling. Why in the hell do we have to subject ourselves to these asses? I am going to do what I have done since I walked away (around five years ago). NOTHING! That's right! I don't open my door to them. They have never phoned me, but if they did, I would tell them that I can't talk right now.

FUCK EM! Who the fuck are they to question me? They are NOTHING!

• garybuss
    garybuss

rebel, you wrote:

Funny - when they left I felt so miserable - are these visits supposed to build you up?

You have a wide, wide ethical streak and you are too healthy for their weasel tricks to work on. I applaud you.

Ever notice when we make a mistake the elders put us on trial and disfellowship us, but when they or the society makes a mistake, they say "Wait on Jehovah."? Seems like a slight double standard to me.

Best wishes, gary

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Wow, my heart goes out to all of you who are having to deal with this! I'm "officially" DA'd so I don't have to worry about visits, etc., but I can imagine how anxiety-producing it could be. I liked what Patio said and I also thought some of you might benefit from a thread started earlier this year by Expatbrit. It has a lot of good info for people who are trying to fade quietly and actually, I'm a bit surprised it hasn't already been posted. Here's the link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=34518&site=3

Hope it helps.

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit