Benny Hinn

by mike047 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar

Does anybody here remember the TV evangelist Ernest Angley? Or was that just a southern US thang? Take a look at this freak. I used to have nightmares about old boy:

http://www.ernestangley.com/

And of course, who can forget Oral Roberts and his "God is going to kill me if I don't raise a million dollars" scam in the 80's? And to think that people actually donated money and prevented God from striking that bastard dead.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 29 December 2002 8:0:20

• ISP
    ISP

I thought he died a while back. He was a fat balding guy that had a TV show where he was always chasing ladies round.

ISP

• Gordy
    Gordy

Anyone know if there is a transcript of the Dateline program on Benny Hinn.

Missed the program here in Britain.

Many people I know think Hinn is God's gift.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Ok, no one's mentioned it yet so I will. I've always thought Hinn looked alot like Jon Lovitz (you know, the pathological liar on SNL).
    I had to do some work at Hinn's office's in Las Colinas about a year ago. Talk about Heebie Jeebies!!! Very cult like atmosphere. All the pictures of him on the walls with all the "important" people. Sheeesh. Same feeling as I had the last time I was in a KH...couldn't wait to exit.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

DFWnonJW,

What kind of work did you do in his offices?

Did you get to have any conversations with any of the other office workers?

How would you describe the people who work for him?

NewLight2

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Hi NewLight,
    Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner. No one ever asked me any questions before!! lol

I work for a sign company and put up some lettering in the reception area. I had only light chit chat with a few people (I wasn't there to converse!) but overheard any other discussions close by. Praying and laying on hands of sick workers (it was winter and lot's of folks had colds!). Just the overall tone of those around and the constant chatter of how great Mr Hinn's work is...yada yada...

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    Does anybody here remember the TV evangelist Ernest Angley? Or was that just a southern US thang? Take a look at this freak. I used to have nightmares about old boy:

Robin, I remember him! And I live in So Cali. My sister and I used to have a blast making fun of him.

Robin Williams used to do a hilarious imitation of ole Ernest.

Andee

PS: Benny needs the money to maintain that MEGA comb-over.

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 3 January 2003 0:55:18

• Makena1
    Makena1

Sabine and I watched the Dateline show too. In my channel surfing I would come across Hinn many times, but just watched for a few minutes for laughs. Did not know about his supernatural claims of healing. What a crock - and follows the similar pattern of other TV and side show evangelists who milk the "faithful" and unsuspecting.

Robyn - I remember ol' Ernest very well. He put on quite a show. It seemed that he would get even more strange and persistent when contributions were running low - start ranting about Mormons, JW's and others that he didn't like. Also would ask the home audience to touch the TV screen to feel the spirit and get healed- Oh and open up that check book.

When will people learn - and why do so many of these ministries find their home base in Texas??? I say - don't mess with Texas and kick the bastards out!

Makena

very ashamed that he used to donate 5-20% of his salary to another religious "organization"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit